12 Step Programs
How the 12 step programs can help you with addiction recovery
The 12 step program and groups are an important resource for recovery, for two reasons.
- First being, the 12 step program and groups are effective.
- And secondly, it is a free resource offered to ALL recovering addicts. Almost every state, country, city, cruise ship, etc. has a 12 step group.
How it works?
- The 12 step group will give you the chance to meet people going through a similiar situation. The people involved in the group have the same problem.. Addiction.
- Being involved in the 12 step program allows you to also learn other people's techniques on recovery.
- One of the best things about the group and program is that no one will judge you. Everyone is supportive and there for one another.
- Being involved in the program will also show you recovery is possible. Everyone gets a chance to share their recovery stories, and how they overcame this disease and it will soon make you see recovery can happen.
- Every meeting you will be reminded the consequences of using. And that is a good thing. Constant reminders of the consequences will make you think twice about using again.
- Lastly, it will become your safe place. The place you go when you feel scared, or you feel like using. And you can openly talk about how you're feeling and everyone will do whatever it takes to help you.
Once you get into the swing of the group and program, you can find yourself a sponsor. A sponsor is someone who is the same sex, and will be the person you chose as a teacher to guide you through your recovery. A sponsor is a great thing to have. Whenever you're feeling down, and wanting to use, they encourage you at the groups to call your sponser and talk through the situation you are having. Also, a sponsor will guide you through your 12 steps, and do things with you to keep your mind off of using.
I am a recovering addict. I attended the Narcotics Anonymous 12 step meetings, I went to rehab, and got a sponsor. My life is now so much better since I decided to straighten my life up and get clean. Anyone struggling with addiction, I highly recommend attending Narcotics Anonymous meetings, or Alcoholics Anonymous meetings.
Addiction is a disease. It affects everyone differently. But I do know, no matter who you are, or if you are male or female, it tears families apart. It ruins your life and grasps its chains around you. Holding you captive. If you are in need of help, advice, anything at all please seek help from myself, or someone you can trust.
I can talk via email, phone call, or video conference.
I went through this all myself. It is a tough thing to overcome, but the 12 step programs make it easier.
One important thing I learned in Narcotcics Anonymous is that it always comes down to one, maybe two, or all of the below when you chose the path to stay an active addict:
- OR.... DEATH
Change your life around while you can. Life may seem better with drugs or alcohol because you can numb everything. Trust me, life is better when you break the chains of addiction.
Thank you for reading my article. Please comment and feel free to get my contact information if you are an addict needing advice, a family member of a addict that needs advice, or you have someone close that needs help and you would like to speak with me.
If anyone needs advice or addiction help, feel free to contact me and I will help as much as possible. Like I said, I am a recovering addict. I went through a lot during my active addiction. I am here to help.
I can do advice via phone call, video call, or email.
Just comment your email if you would like to speak directly to me, I then can get your phone number, or video chat info from emailing.
Break the Chains of Addiction!
These are the 12 steps of recovery that almost every addict in the groups live by.
Sponsorship, and how it helps recovering addicts. All sponsors are over 3 years clean;mandatory
Research Poll for 2016
Do you have 1 or more people in your family addicted to drugs or alcohol?
© 2016 Brandi