3rd Democratic Debate, Beto O'Rourke Re-Energized
John Cornyn is up for re-election, why is he campaigning for Trump?
John Cornyn is running for re-election. Texans wanted Beto O'Rourke to run against John Cornyn. Beto O'Rourke has made it clear that he will not step down from his Presidential campaign to run against Cornyn, so why attack Beto O'Rourke on behalf of Donald Trump?
Cornyn is playing his Trump card heavily in hopes that Beto O'Rourke supporters will not vote for his opponent and make sure that he keeps his supporters in line by tying himself to Trump.
Notice that Cornyn does not mention anything about what he or even Trump want to do for America. He uses lies, hate and divisive rhetoric and the continued Team Trump strategy.
Texas deserves better than John Cornyn and the Team Trump rhetoric and Texas has a better option.
Texas' Democratic candidate and warrior working to unseat John Cornyn
Major Mary Jennings Hegar is an Air Force Veteran and teacher who is also a veteran of the war in Afghanistan and a graduate of the University of Texas. A true patriot, who has distinguished herself as an officer and earned several commendations.
- Distinguished Flying Cross
- Purple Heart
- National Defense Medal
- Air Medal
- Afghanistan Campaign Medal
- Humanitarian Service Medal
John Cornyn can't run as a candidate for all Texans' because he and Moscow Mitch have been pushing the Trump agenda from day one.
MJ Hegar knows what sacrifice for her fellow man is and she will definitely represent all Texans.
A break out night for Beto O'Rourke
The 3rd Democratic Debate, Beto O'Rourke's will be remembered for taking a stand. "Hell yes, we're going to take your AR-15, your AK47. We're not going to allow it to be used against our fellow Americans anymore", was his response to gun control.
While Beto O'Rourke spoke for just over 9 minutes the entire night, he left the debate with the topic that has been talked about all day. This was the first time that the Democrats talked about gun control during the debate because it's long been known as political poison, but times have changed and domestic terrorism is alive and well in America and it has to be discussed.
Some media outlets, chose to ignore the topic and Beto O'Rourke altogether and others were cautious in their reporting.
- The Washington Post did not mention O'Rourke at all.
- The New York Post gave him a down arrow, although they call it his best debate, but they went on to make an odd comment, that they were not sure a straight white guy can inspire Democrats in 2020. New York Post is a conservative paper and their article didn't make any sense as Joe Biden is a straight white guy that is leading the pack.
- The New York Times did not say anything about Beto O'Rourke, but they quoted David Axelrod who mentioned that Beto's moving on the issue of banning assault weapons was very very powerful.
- BBC mentioned that Beto was re-energized
- National Catholic Reporter said that O'Rourke had a very strong performance, but cannot break out of the pack as a single issue candidate.
- Fox News, no mention of O'Rourke or others except the top 3, Warren, Biden and Sanders. They left it to late night trash talker Tucker Carlton to bash O'Rourke.
- NJ.Com, They listed Beto O'Rourke as a winner. "His unequivocal stance on gun control was a standout."
- FiveThirtyEight, had O'Rourke in 3rd place behind Warren and Buttigeig
- Vox, They listed Beto O'Rourke as a winner.
- NBC News, Beto O'Rourke was praised by other candidates, showing respect. They also said it could be because they don't feel threaten by him.
Texas Republican Representative Briscoe Cain III threatens Beto O'Rourke
At 8:40 pm., while Beto O'Rourke was debating 9 other Democrats in Houston, Texas. Republican State Representative Briscoe Cain III was tweeting a threat to the the Presidential candidate. "My AR is ready for you Robert Francis".
So, who is Briscoe Cain III? He is a first time elected State Representative in Texas. He is a white male in his 30's, who ran for office with the support of the Tea Party. He has the most conservative voting record and has been in trouble with his own party for his actions.
- He mocked Physicist Stephen Hawkins at the time of his death and angered many in his own party.
- When asked about anti-trans violence, he said "its dudes in dresses getting beat up."
- Most recently due to his issue with Planned Parenthood, abortions and funding, he suggested that the city of Austin be abolished.
- He admitted to the media that he suffers from Asperger's. A form of Autism, which is considered a mental disorder.
Beto O'Rourke responded to Cain's tweet; "This is a death threat Representative, clearly you shouldn't have an AR15- and neither should anyone else.
Following the behavior of Briscoe Cain, this State Representative may have just strengthened the case for Beto O'Rourke's gun control measures.