A rant from the Twilight Zone!
It is a crazy world we live in, ya know? Yesterday morning before I headed off to work, I flashed through the channels on my TV to catch the morning news headlines……..they all started off with the news that Angelina Jolie was to undergo a double mastectomy. Now, I am in no way, shape or form, making light of this news. I think she is making an extremely courageous decision and I admire her for doing so.
With that said, during a time when our IRS is under serious scrutiny of violating our Constitution by targeting and harassing right-winged organizations, or that our Department of Justice is tapping into phone conversations of the Associated Press and the fact the there is, without a doubt, a serious cover-up scandal by the White House over the death of four Americans (including our Ambassador) in Benghazi, I find it incredibly disingenuous by our “Press” to make the decision to LEAD with the Angelina Jolie story.
Good Morning America, the Today Show and MSNBC’s Morning Joe ALL felt it necessary to forgo the extreme seriousness of issues that have a profound effect on the livelihood of our Nation, to lead off with a Hollywood actress’ health decision. Now, I hate reverting to third grade antics, but I cannot help but think had these events been occurring under a “Bush Administration” there would be some serious “Investigative Journalism” occurring by these networks, who would be leading off with, shouting voices of “corruption in the White House”.
The love affair the liberal press has with Obama is so strong, that they always seem to bow their heads and scoot the toes of their shoes’ on the ground during press conferences, cough and clear their throats and ask some weak questions as this administration manages to find ways to point fingers at others, declare they had NO IDEA of what is going on, that they knew, when we knew about things, and that there is NOTHING wrong going on. Getting a “free pass” to skip ahead and get a “kinder, gentler” question asked to them.
I find myself as if I am in an episode of the “Twilight Zone”. Rod Serling is standing off to my side, with his haze of smoke surrounding him, explaining how I somehow entered a fifth dimension, beyond that which is known to man….and blah, blah, blah…the dimension of imagination and BANG I am in the TWILGHT ZONE!
Amazed, that I am actually witnessing this happen RIGHT before my very eyes. Now I try very hard to not over-react to things, and I like to wait until the dust settles before I engage with a statement about certain particular issues or people. BUT, holly smokes guys, how much more evidence do we need presented to us, to come to an honest decision about this administration and its inability to lead this nation to prosperous times!!
Oh, I know, I know…I must be a racist! RIGHT? How DARE anyone challenge the decision making of this president? Well folks, there is just WAY TOO much happening to just be quite and accept it.
I believe in calling things as I see them…and what I clearly see is one blunder after another.
Let me layout a few.
- Our unemployment is nearly the same (or worse actually, by real numbers) as it was when he took office.
- Our GDP has fallen to record levels.
- After promising if we spend a trillion dollars on a stimulus package, it WOULD get better
- He criticized Bush for running up record deficits on credit, calling him “un-American and unpatriotic.”
- Passed a Healthcare bill that the majority of Americans were against, and spending triple the amount that was promised.
- Added another 15 million on food stamps, to where we NOW have one out six Americans who fell they are entitled to it.
- ADDED billions of dollars to the vast amount of NEW regulations that is only crippling any possibility of new economic growth.
- College tuitions has surged.
- Crime is spiking.
- Killed the Keystone pipeline that promised thousands of new jobs
- Allowed Green companies to go bankrupt with federal loans.
- Fast and furious
- Scraped the Space Program
- Middle East is about to explode.
- 47 million in poverty
This is just facts that I was able to pull out as I sit here writing about this. I know I am missing several, but DANG IT people………let’s quit pretending everything is going to be okay. It is NOT, unless WE do something about it. Quit worrying so much about honey boo boo and Lady Gaga….and demand our media start getting things RIGHT and to do the job that they are supposed to do.
Schwoooo! That feels better. Just had another rant stored up inside of me.