By: Wayne Brown
I grew up in 1950-60’s southern America. We lived our lives at that time in the shadow of Communist aggression throughout the world. Since the end of World War II, the threat had increased tenfold as it was no longer just a “philosophy”, it was backed up by the threat of nuclear attack. As children, our schools and our parents, along with many sectors of society, taught us the evils of this insidious cancer that was gnawing at the freedom of the world. Our military response was built heavily around a system referred to at the time as “The Triad” which combined the forces of land, sea, and air into a combined response to include the delivery of nuclear weapons in retaliation of attacks upon America. We lived in fear of attack when, if the truth be known, there were no plans of that type at the forefront of the Communist agenda. Their approach was all about gaining control of the minds and hearts of America. That was then, this is now, but when we carefully examine what has happened in the last half-century, we find that America has relaxed its guard and the Communists have continued to advance their agenda, steadily, patiently, toward their goals.
In the 1950’s, Senator Joe McCarthy began congressional actions to route out known and unknown Communists in the American society and more aptly, in the walls of American government at the time. McCarthy was ruthless in his pursuit and he was quickly assigned labels by vague and unknown sources assigning him as a “witch-hunter” who was basically unstable in his thinking and unreasonably questioning the motives of good Americans with his “kangaroo-court” style. This badgering continued until finally McCarthy was successfully painted as a “fanatical nut” ducking at movement in the shadows. In retrospect, America might have missed an opportunity that would have put us in a far different position than the one we find ourselves in today.
In 1963, Albert Herlong Jr, a member of Congress representing the State of Florida (1949-69) was compelled to read a document into the Congressional Record which outlined the “Goals of the Communist Party”. This document listed a total of (45) objectives. If you were handed a copy of the document today with no date references on it, you could easily be convinced that it was a far more current document than one from 1963. Herlong wanted this made a matter of public record because he saw the threat in these goals to the people of America. Recently, television commentator, Glen Beck, featured this list on one of his shows that highlighted the success the Communists have achieved in undermining the principles of America. Beck takes the position that we, as Americans, have stopped teaching our children the dangers of this mindset. Our children have little or no fear of either socialism or communism, thus, they are easily led to believe that its principles offer the miracle cure to the problems of society.
While this list is lengthy, I think it is important, very important. On that basis, I am going to review the list here and add some commentary. I think you, like me, will be appalled at both the accuracy of the goals in terms of their destructive effect on American society and at the achievement that has been made in carrying them out on our soil and throughout the world. These people do not have a deadline. Nothing will ruin their plan short of the end of the world in their mind. At the same time, remember that these goals were established some 50+ years ago. Those who constructed them had a very good understanding of democracy and how to take it apart. My comments below will be in italics.
1963 COMMUNIST GOALS:
1. Gain U.S. acceptance of “co-existence” as the only alternative to atomic war. (America was eager to avoid atomic warfare thus creating a way for the continued existence of the Communist Party. The opportunity for negotiation was at hand)
2. Recognize the U.S.’s willingness to capitulate in preference to engaging in atomic war. (At the time, atomic war represented all but total destruction of the earth. America wanted a better solution but it came with the price of not interfering too much with the Communist Party. Again, the opportunity to negotiate.)
3. Develop the illusion that total disarmament by the U.S. would be a demonstration of “moral strength”. (In other words, paint the picture of America as the “nuclear aggressor” in the world. Place the onus on America in the eyes of the world to start down a path of disarmament and weakening. Basically, lead the way to a loss of strength. You cannot bargain from a position of weakness.)
4. Allow free trade between all nations regardless of Communist affiliation and regardless of whether or not items could be used for war. (The value here is that it restrains the U.S. from drawing a line in the sand when countries such as Russia began to arm smaller countries such as Cuba in their pursuit of changing that country into a base of Communism. It had to happen in Cuba before we were willing to confront it!).
5. The extension of long-term loans to Russia and satellite nations. (America loaned a lot of money in the interest of foreign relations and rebuilding after WWII. In fact, America was loaning money at the time that it did not have but felt the investment would create more positive relations in the aftermath of war. By dragging out the repayment of these loans, the Communist robbed America of need assets for further strengthening our own system. Ultimately, we would have to borrow more and further weaken our own economy.)
6. Provide American aid to all countries regardless of Communist domination. (This was a bandwagon that America was quick to jump on…the Peace Corp comes to mind quickly. Again, we were investing monetary assets which we did not have in the budget and doing it on a broad basis further weakening America at home.)
7. Grant recognition to Red China and allow admission of Red China into the United Nations. (Nuff said? Thank you, Mr. Nixon! Red China‘s presence in the United Nations quickly changed the direction and effectiveness of that body. In fact, it set up a whole new “mission“ for the U.N….world government).
8. Set up East and West Germany as separate states in spite of Khrushchev’s promise in 1955 to settle the German question by free elections under supervision of the United Nations. (This move kept tensions high on the European front and caused the USA to have to invest heavily in both money and manpower to keep the Communist threat in check to the area behind the walls that separated Germany. In the meantime, the Communist could focus on the rest of the world.)
9. Prolong the conference to ban atomic tests because the U.S. has agreed to suspend tests as long as negotiations are in progress. (Well, how stupid can we be? We are willing to do this to show our good faith yet ask for nothing in return except the continuation of negotiations. Sounds like our current leadership!)
10. Allow all Soviet Satellite countries individual representation in the United Nations. (Does the term “voting block” mean anything here? This, along with admission of Red China, sealed the deal on Communist control of the United Nations. Now, all they have to do is promote it as the viable option to “world government” and you can see where things are headed.)
11. Promote the U.N. as the only hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up as a one-word government with its own independent armed forces. (Sound familiar? See item 10.)
12. Resist any attempt to outlaw the Communist Party. (Now, you are starting to see from whence came “political correctness”…we all need a voice! This is America!).
13. Do away with loyalty oaths. (Does the controversy over The Pledge of Allegiance or pray in schools come to mind here? What about a citizenship that places more emphasis on its heritage, for example, African-American, Hispanic-American, than on just being an American. What about citizens that reject the American flag in lieu of their own from a previous country….Mexico.)
14. Continue giving Russia access to the U.S. Patent Office. (No specific example here but do you really think that it is a coincidence that the Russians have so many items in their arsenals that look strangely like those used in America…nothing like the Freedom of Information Act to aid that along.)
16. Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions, by claiming their activities violate civil rights. (Hmmm…I am trying not to think about Arizona’s immigration law at the present.)
17. Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for Socialism, and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teacher associations. Put the party line into textbooks. (Certainly some of this is already in place and continues. Communist orientation, Marxism, and Socialism are very common teachings of college level professors today in the USA. School prayer, The Pledge of Allegiance, the emphasis in teaching social orientation courses as opposed to the basics.)
18. Gain control of all student newspapers. (Obviously this one plays into item 17 quite handily. Have you read a college newspaper lately. I think you will find that most espouse a socialistic philosophy touting the virtues of Marxist thinking in terms of solutions to world problems.)
19. Use student riots to foment public protests against programs or organizations which are under Communist attack. (Anybody for a “tea party” demonstration…you will find plenty of opposition, name-calling, and labeling if you choose to be a part. This is the most current example. There are numerous others which extend back to the Vietnam Era. Gee, and you thought the “Tea Party” was only a threat to the two-party system in America…shame on you!).
20. Infiltrate the press. Get control of book review assignments, editorial writing, policy-making positions. (Could this have anything to do with journalism having a decisively left leaning to it? Could this have anything to do with the press being so interested in “analyzing and interpreting” the news for the public? Obviously, there has been much success in this step.)
21. Gain control of key positions in radio, television, and motion pictures. (I cannot speak so much to the avenues of radio and television other than to the above references of gaining media control. In terms of the motion picture industry, the presence of rabid communists in that community has been a known fact since the days of McCarthy. Hollywood is in love with Communism.)
22. Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all forms of artistic sculpture from parks and buildings. (Note: An American Communist cell was told to “eliminate all good sculptures from parks and buildings”, substitute shapeless, awkward, and meaningless forms) (Does removal of the Ten Commandments from public buildings come to mind? There are a number of issues both national and local but they focus is in doing away with anything that is symbolic which raises issues of loyalty and dedication.)
23. Control art critics and directors of museums. (“promote ugliness, repulsive, and meaningless). (See item 22).
24. Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them “censorship” and a violation of free speech and free press. (Wow! Use our own values to undermine us! I am sure examples come to mind).
25. Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography, and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio, and television. (Well, Hello Howard Stern!)
26. Present homosexuality, degeneracy, and promiscuity as “normal, natural, and healthy”. (Anything come to mind in terms of approving gay marriage, gays in the military, tattoos and body piercing, free love?)
27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with “social” religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity, and does not need a “religious crutch”. (Do arguments over evolution come to mind? Does the desire to remove “In God We Trust” come to mind? Does the downplay of the role religion played in the founding moments of this country come to mind? Does prayer in the classroom come to mind? Does Jim Jones and David Karess come to mind?
28. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the grounds that it violates the principles of “separation of church and state”. (See item 27 above)
29. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a world-wide basis. (Now I don’t want to be a finger-pointer, but didn’t President Obama just recently make almost this exact reference to the Constitution? Nuff said?)
31. Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of aristocrats who had no concern for the “common man”. (Surely this has no bearing on the attacks on Thomas Jefferson! Surely, this has no bearing on the way that Hollywood portrays America with the likes of Michael Moore and Spike Lee doing the producing.)
32. Support any socialist movement to give central control over any part of the culture (example: education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health, etc). (I don’t want to scare you but does Comprehensive Medical Reform mean anything to you now? How about Comprehensive Energy Reform or Comprehensive Immigration Reform? All of these espouse “central control”.
33. Eliminate all laws or procedures, which interfere with the operation of the Communist apparatus. (Let me suggest that you hurry down the street and see what you can do to shut down your local Communist Party Office…we live in “politically correct” America now…good luck with that!)
34. Eliminate the House Committee on Un-American Activities. (I have not checked but if my memory serves me correctly that was eliminated as a mean and ugly process by our “politically correct” elected officials.)
35. Discredit and eventually dismantle the FBI. (The FBI has certainly been accused of some stupid blunders in years past. Does the use of incendiary devices during periods of high winds come across to you as stupid…remember Waco and The Branch Davidians. Surely Janet Reno and Bill Clinton would not have purposely order their use without checking the weather forecast?)
36. Infiltrate and gain control of more unions. (Maybe that is why unions do illogical things like break the backs of companies such as Eastern Airlines in pursuit of getting workers a raise in pay?)
37. Infiltrate and gain control of big business. (You can start here with anything that George Soros touches just or starters).
38. Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social agencies. Treat all behavioral problems as psychiatric disorders which no one psychiatrists can understand or treat. (The police have little control over the homeless in our country now. We also are attempting to restrict their control of illegal immigrants.)
39. Dominate the psychiatric profession and mental health laws as a means of gaining coercive control over those who oppose Communist goals. (I think you see the implications here…insanity is simply a perspective! Look at the professional types defending the actions of the Branch Davidians as good and those of the FBI as bad. The homeless have been made out to be nothing more than poor folks in need of mental health care. The FBI has over-stepped its mission and directives with wire-taps. We are torturing terrorist at Gitmo! This all plays effectively when so-called “experts” espouse it.)
40. Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce. (Anybody need to argue that this one has not been an off-the-charts success story? Breaking down the family unit erodes discipline, loyalty, teaching, and it impedes moral development. All the issues play well to developing a mind more than willing to embrace the miracles espoused by Communist theories.)
41. Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks, and retarding of children to suppressive influences of the parent. (Yes, and in the process let’s turn it over to our trained educators who are more than willing to go out of their way teaching the social reform that is needed in this country or by handing out condoms to first graders.)
42. Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and special interest groups should rise up and make a “united front” to solve economic, political, or social problems. (You say you want a revolution, huh? Well, that just might play right into these goals. You don’t suppose any of this had anything to do with the deaths of four students protesting at Kent State in the 60’s do you? Violence is not the answer in America. Elimination of ignorance and educated voting at the polls is a much better solution…as long as we have the polls.)
43. Overthrow all colonial governments before native populations are ready for self-government. (Does this sound familiar in places like South Vietnam, Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan? Governments in decline will not have any opportunity to embrace the values of democracy and will thus fall to Communism.)
44. Internationalize the Panama Canal. (Thank you Jimmy Carter…I thought I recognized you sitting with that known Communist, Michael Moore, at the 2004 Democratic Convention.)
45. Repeal the Connally Reservation so the U.S. cannot prevent the World Court from seizing jurisdiction over domestic problems. Give the World Court jurisdiction over domestic problems. Give the World Court jurisdiction over nations and individuals alike. (If you read my hub on “Globalization” you can see that we are trying to go there by creating all this urgency in our own country over domestic issues that need to be in-line with world concepts. One on the table currently being espoused by Obama is financial reform. The other will be gun-control…it’s coming! If the world operates as one government, the evil ones among us only have to manipulate one government…the meat of the ideology behind the likes of Obama’s buddy and supporter, George Soros.)
There you have all 45 of the goals of the Communists as set forth in 1963 and in all their glorious relevance of today. I hope you stuck with me through this discussion. We here in American are a great deal more ignorant than we choose to believe. That unrecognized ignorance allows us to be manipulated on the basis of our naïve understandings, our desires to do good, our obsession with political correctness, and our lack of knowledge regarding history. Our younger generations are terribly equipped to address this evil threat because we have robbed them of that capability by so easily going along with the goals of Communism in the so-called development of our country. All this time we have called these things “progress” in our society. All this time we have believe that we were becoming a better people because we have been led to question our forefathers and generations before us as “evil” people out to do harm to others in the world.
We need to stop right here and now and look at where we are as a country. We need to ask ourselves why we have a President who seems to have no birth certificate that can prove he is a citizen of this nation. We need to be concerned why we are not concerned that Obama’s mother and father were both professed Communists. We need to ask some people some tough questions. We may need another Joe McCarthy to recover from the progress we have made in the last 50+ years. God Bless America! I hope we have not waited too long. We sure better start understanding them as well they understood us way back in 1963. Wake up America!
© Copyright WBrown2010. All Rights Reserved.