- Politics and Social Issues»
- United States Politics
Are We Ready for a Woman President?
Should She be President
A Woman For President
I've been pondering this questions and wondering if we are really ready for a woman to be President of these United States. The answer, in my view, is yes. But, is it Hillary Clinton? And, the answer to that question, again in my view, is a resounding NO.
Yes, someday I believe we will have a woman sitting in the Oval Office but this woman, meaning Hillary Clinton, is not that woman. I come to that conclusion for more reason than I could even write in this format.
My "gut" reaction to her is that she is power hungry and her god is money not to mention that she is a liar. She has been in the political realm for over 40 years and in those years I can't look to one thing that that woman has accomplished. I see controversy after controversy since her days as First Lady of Arkansas up to her time as First Lady of the United States, as Secretary of State and now running as the Democratic nominee.
Seriously, we can't believe a thing this woman says. She pushed a video after 4 Americans were killed in Benghazi and then denied it calling the victim's families liars. She refused 100's of requests for additional security in Benghazi and then when it did come under attack, no help was sent to those trying to defend the Americans serving there. Those brave people fought for 13 hours hoping and praying for help and none came. She used a private server in her home as Secretary of State which was against all rules and regulations. By the way, she also lied about that. The emails sent and received, while in office, that belong to the citizenry were reviewed and some that she wanted no one to see were deleted or bleached clean. By the way, some of these emails were marked classified (another lie as she said none sent or received were marked classified). These emails were reviewed by staff and attorneys who did not have security clearances. What a horrible breach in our National Security! She had her hands in the Iran deal which gave billions to the biggest sponsor of terror in our history not to mention giving them nuclear power. She did a reset with the Russians that gives them 20% of our Uranium. Putin is now on the move with his military while we sit and watch. My goodness do we really want this woman as our President? It terrifies me about what kind of world my grandchildren will be living in.
She wants to open our borders or should I say, she doesn't want any borders so that people can come and go as they please. Of course, we will run out of people that actually work to support the social agenda's of these Progressives because we are giving free health care, food and shelter to the millions that come illegally right now. Not to mention our over crowded schools.
Do I really need to go on? I could mention the Clinton Foundation who can't tell us where all the money went that they collected during the first hurricane that devastated Haiti. Haiti never benefited from the millions and millions of dollars. But, the Clintons did. Nice salaries to administrators, nice private jets to fly them around and the list goes on.
The corruption in Washington is at an all time high right now with the current Obama Administration. The IRS scandal with no one held accountable, the VA scandal with no one held accountable, the Justice Department is now politicized and recently the FBI became a political arm of the Clinton's. And, Mrs. Clinton wants to continue this abuse of power.
We have been lied to for so long that people are becoming numb to it and just say "it's the silly political season" as if that says it all. No, we deserve truth and liars should be held accountable for their words. When you say " I did not send or receive any emails that were marked classified" and the FBI says that you did, you should now be labeled a liar and held accountable.
Let's Talk Corruption
So much corruption in our government it is hard to know where to start. Our Founding Fathers wanted the government to work for "We the People" but in the past 50 years or more the government has worked for government employees and their staff. The President, House of Representatives and the Senate were originally just "normal" folks who had other jobs and would work in government for a period of time and then go back home to their families and communities. Now, once elected, these Congressman and Congresswomen seek to live out their lives on the government payroll and getting rich. Of course, this is all at the taxpayer's (that would be you) expense. Hillary Clinton even said that when she and Bill left the White House they were broke and could hardly pay mortgages on several of their homes. Now they are worth over $250 Million dollars. And, I am not only talking about Democrats but the Republicans are guilty of this as well. Go to Washington, drink the water and now you and your re-election are the most important things to you.
But, I digress. Let's get back to corruption. I'll give a few examples:
1) In 2013 it was discovered that the IRS was targeting select conservative groups that were applying for tax exempt status. This was discovered in 2013 but the targeting was happening in 2011 and 2012 as the Tea Party was growing. Progressives were worried and thought this would be a good way to control the 2012 Presidential election. The FBI says no evidence was found to substantiate this, but; True the Vote waited over 3 years for it's filing. And, during that time, the company owned by the person who started True the Vote, was audited dozens of times and paid over $85,000 in attorney fees to handle these audits. Nothing was found but it certainly caused havoc for these people.
2) In August of 2015 an EPA employee released 3 million gallons of toxic sludge in the Animas River in Colorado. That sludge turned the river a deep yellow, killing fish and wildlife. Of course, the Justice Department decided not to prosecute and it cost the taxpayers over $28 Billion dollars. Yes, that's right, over $28 Billions dollars. Now just imagine what the Justice Department would have done if it was a private company that did that??
3: How about the State Department and how they have been covering for Hillary Clinton and the lousy job she did in that role. 4 Americans dead in Benghazi, the Russian reset, the mess in Syria, the terrible Iran deal and the list goes on. Records show that friends of Bill Clinton got special treatment from the State Department. The State Department slow walked the release of Mrs. Clinton's emails, at least the ones that she didn't scrub clean. Then the Justice Department's head, Loretta Lynch meets with Bill Clinton out on the tarmac of a Phoenix airport. Nothing fishy there.... and a few days later the FBI director, Mr. Comey, says there was no indication that Mrs. Clinton deliberately deleted these emails. Really? How stupid do they think we are. Can we say General Petraeus?
4) On October 14, 2016 a new email dump and we see that Undersecretary for Management in the State Department, Patrick Kennedy (a longtime Clinton supporter) sends an email to the FBI asking them to alter classifications on the emails for the possibility of additional slots for FBI missions overseas. No problem here. The Clinton's are above the law and it is starting to show.
5) What about the Veterans Administration. How they are treating our veterans is shameful. It's all about fudging the numbers of vets they see every day so they can get their bonuses. Money before lives. And, even when they find out who has been in charge of this numbers racket, no one gets fired, no one loses their job and no one is held accountable. When are we going to wake up to the fact that our government no longer works for us but against us?