- Politics and Social Issues»
- United States Politics
Are you better off than you were four years ago? - ranting away.
It has been a while since I have stopped long enough to put some of my frustrations to ink.
I really don’t know where to start sometimes. The Political Season is full bore now, and we are getting ever so close to that very important date – Nov 6th. A date that will determine the course this nation will take. That being, we continue as we have for the last 6 plus years, with a stale economy and a dismal outlook or I pray it will be a moment in time where we can all look back and see that day as when we took back our Country, and gave it back to the people.
Okay, that may sound a little dramatic. But, you know, I can still look back to when Ronald Reagan took the office and made his promises to us. I watched him deliver them. I have a warm and fuzzy feeling as I reminisce on those days. He took office with double digit unemployment, double digit inflation and depressing times. In a matter of months, we saw our economy boom. The housing market exploded. Good time had returned.
Actually, this is not where I was heading with this hub, but I kind of got on a tangent. What really led me to start this hub is when I read how we NOW have over 100,000,000 United States citizens that are dependent upon some form of government hand-out. That is 1/3 or our population. I’m not talking about our Social Security or Medicare programs. Those are programs that we all paid into and we are “supposed” to get them back. I am talking about Government Programs that are supplying aid in the form of welfare. Food Stamps alone is hovering over 46 million right now. Amazingly, it has doubled since Obama has taken office. Also, to boot, it was paid for by 49% of the population that is paying taxes. The other 51% do not pay into any of this.
One has to wonder, WHAT in the world is going on? This is not the way our Nation should be running right now. I cannot help but to believe that this is nothing more than an extremely elaborate scheme by a certain political “party” to secure a segment of our population to “get out and vote” to assure that the hand that is feeding them will not be bitten. This party is campaigning “fear” into many citizens. Biden is telling the black population that Romney will have them back in chains if he gets elected. Medicare will cease and people will die. It really seems to me that he and his boss earnestly WANT our Nation to be divided.
When Obama first took office, he told the republicans they could go along for the ride, but to stay out of the way. Then, has the gall to say they are the party of “no”. Never once has he honestly tried to reach across the aisle to pass a bill that would create jobs or spur our economy in a fashion that would actually work. Yet, he has done nothing but blame others for his failures. It is Bush’s fault, the tsunami’s fault, it is big oil’s fault, or Bush’s fault, the Tea Party’s fault, Europe’s fault or Bush’s fault. (Sorry, I may have been a little cynical there). The point is, Obama made the claims and promises to keep. He has failed.
According to Obama, it was unpatriotic when Bush ran up our debt to $10 trillion, but he has added $5.6 trillion to it in less than four years. I guess he had no choice to do so. Our jobless rate was at 7.8% when he was sworn in, and it is now at 8.3%. Gas prices were around $2 a gallon, and has since hovered around $4 a gallon.
I can go on and on, and I’m not even sure where I was going with all of this, but to basically say this. We do need some hope and change, like we have never needed it before. Now, I know I am not going to convince anyone to think differently, but I feel better letting lose with another rant. Just ask yourself the famous question “Are you better off than you were four years ago”. Please be honest.
I appreciate everyone who took the time to read this.