- Politics and Social Issues»
- United States Politics
Bernie Sanders - Younger Than You Think
The Oldest Guy in the Race Has the Youngest Heart of All
Rearrange Your Thinking about Age and Bernie Sanders
Some people say, "Isn't Bernie Sanders a bit old to run for president?" I won't accuse them of age prejudice, but want to enlighten them about what a 74-year-old can accomplish if it is Bernie Sanders.
This dedicated activist can run circles around most of the candidates. Actually, the Republican and the Democratic candidates he is up against, are not far off his age. Find out why this young-at-heart guy is the best for 2016.
Bernie's Schedule Would Daunt a Someone Half His Age
His mid-April schedule included a rally, a debate, a show and then a flight to Rome all in two days. This was right before the NY primary.
TV Commentators Marvel at Bernie Sanders Shooting Hoops While Waiting to Make Victory Speech in NH
Can You See Trump or Clinton Playing Basketball?
Vote in the Poll
Nelson Mandela's Age Compared to Bernie Sanders'
That 3-hour debate really wore me out.— Donald Trump
Bernie's Too Old? Nonsense, Look at Trump & Clinton's Ages
Any of These Candidates Will Be the Oldest President the U.S. has ever had.
or very close to the oldest (which was Ronald Reagan at age 70).
George Stephanopolis Tries to Put Bernie Sanders on the Spot about His Age
Traits That Contribute to Longevity
- A family history of longevity (Bernie's brother Larry is 81 years old and still active in local politics where he lives in England)
- A passion in life (Overcoming social injustice, fixing income inequality, getting money out of politics, etc.). There's no question that Sanders has a passion for achieving these changes.
- Eating right (Bernie Sanders maintains a trim figure and reportedly eats a healthy diet)
- Exercising (While in the Senate, he walked to work most days and spent his weekends in Vermont. In his youth, he played basketball and was a long-distance runner.)
- A connection to people (It's easy to see that Sanders enjoys a close family relationship with his wife and he dotes on his grandchildren)
Ben Franklin - Elder Statesman
Bernie May Look Grandfatherly But Is a Brisk, Decisive Statesman
Because Bernie Sanders does not dye his hair like Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump, he appears older. Actually, Sanders has had white hair for the past 20 or 30 years. He doesn't try to comb-over or have a hairpiece which is what gives Trump such an odd look. Bernie is natural and accepts his own appearance.
He's comfortable with who he is.
The Young Turks Review Sanders' Health Records
So, What Does Bernie Sanders Eat?
It's reported that Bernie like turkey sandwiches, though on the campaign trail, his choices may not always be that healthy. While at Coney Island, NY, he had the traditional Coney Island hotdog. Late at night, after a hard day of town halls and giant rallies, he's been observed eating a piece of cheesecake.
He's also been known to eat a slice of pizza which he picks up and eats by hand. None of that namby-pamby knife and fork pizza eating.
When he's home in Vermont, he likes to cook on the grill. Whatever he is eating, it must be the right stuff, as he exudes energy when he's speaking at a rally or giving a television interview.
For more about Bernie Sanders' food preferences, read the Washington Post article below..
Washington Post Story about Bernie Sanders & Food
- He likes smoothies, pinot noir, tandoori pork. Does that make Bernie a foodie? - The Washington Post
More important than what’s on his table might be who’s around it, his wife says.