- Politics and Social Issues»
- Social Issues
Breast Feeding In Public: Why Not?
Stop Sexualizing Breastfeeding
People don't sexualize breasts unless they have been taught to sexualize breasts. They were not created to be "sex organs" they are there to feed your children when they're hungry little infants. Children grow up and when they do they hear people talking about things like "Look at the tits on her" or "Damn, her rack is fine, I'd totally 'tap' that" and when they hear that including "you must be gay" if the teen doesn't really respond or says it's disrespectful to only look at bodily features.
That is a mother feeding her child and it shouldn't be seen as anything less or more. They don't breastfeed their child for attention, they do it because their baby is hungry and needs their basic, daily, every 3-5 hour nutrition. Now, some of you may be thinking that I'm posting this because I am a mother myself; which is entirely untrue. I have no children. I just firmly believe that breastfeeding is the healthiest nutrition for babies and that mothers should not be ridiculed for feeding their children in public. They cannot control when their baby cries for milk. Women have been doing this for a long time and for that long time it was viewed as natural and beautiful. All that being said, stop sexualizing breastfeeding and let mothers be mothers.
Why Breastfeeding is Important
- Breastfeeding is incredibly healthy for a baby by helping to build immunity.
- Breastfeeding also helps to regulate body temperature
- Breastfeeding assists brain development.
- Breastfeeding increases and speeds up the mother-baby bonding process by stimulating hormones associated with bonding and breastmilk supply.
- Breastfeeding saves you money in the early stages of growth due to the fact that your milk is your baby's only source of nutrition, rather than buying it from a store.
- Some women have even reported faster weight loss while breastfeeding. More liquids in your body equals out to slower weight loss. Breastfeeding has been known to help regulate that.
Your Thoughts Matter.
What are your thoughts on breastfeeding in public?
I am hoping you all come back for more, I need your general thoughts.
Do you think I used a "too controversial" topic for my first Hub?
Regarding The Last Poll:
Yes, I understand that this was a very socially controversial topic, especially for a first Hub. However, I am very passionate about things I believe in, and let's be honest, Facebook just wasn't doing it for me. I needed an outlet for my social views and I hope you all welcome me. I will have other opinions, believe me. However, I am open for discussion with anyone who is willing to have an intellectual conversation about the topics at hand. I appreciate you taking the time to read this article and hope you come back for more!