- Politics and Social Issues»
- Politics & Political Science
Comments and Misconceptions
There will not be a thesis or a pattern at all to this hub. This will just be a list of misconceptions I will address one at time. I read all kinds of things spouted out with nothing to back them up, especially in the comments. I continue to stress that reading comprehension is very important. While I am at it I want to point out that grammar saves lives. For example: Let’s eat Mom / Let’s eat, Mom. Note the difference? Comments will be moderated to the fullest extent on this hub. If you want to spout something out, back it up and I will allow it. If for example you want to expel some bovine excrement like “Rand Paul wants to eliminate women’s right to vote”, give some quotes at the very least, please. If you don’t want to back it up, your comments will be denied. I usually allow all comments whether I agree or not. I want to allow everyone their say, but things get out of hand. I have neither the time nor inclination to placate to retards.
1) Separation of Church and State: The words do not exist in our Constitution. Maybe if you take the first amendment and jumble the letters up you could come up with the phrase. That is, however the only way you will get that. Yes, Thomas Jefferson did talk about a wall of separation, but that was in a letter to the Baptist citing that the need existed in order to protect the religion from the government, not the government from religion. Say what you want about the establishment clause. The establishment clause prohibits the government from establishing a state religion, which was common for some of the colonies. The words are not there. So to everyone that thinks Christine O’Donnell can’t answer a question. She did! And she spanked her opponent in the debate.
2) Rand Paul is not against the Civil Rights Bill. Rand Paul stated that the federal government overstepped its boundaries when it passed the Civil Rights Bill. He stated that the government has no business telling a private enterprise who they can or cannot hire. You know what? He was right!
3) The Tea Party is not a political party. Nor is it an instrument of big corporations. The Tea Party is a grass roots movement. Just so happens their beliefs fall to the right of center. If those policies also help small and big business, that does not mean they are an instrument of big business. What people on the left seem to forget is what is good for Wall Street is good for Main Street. Taxing the rich is straight up robbery. The Tea Party movement has done just as much damage to the Republican Party establishment as has been done to the Democratic Party.
4) Social Security and Medicare and Constitutionality. For some reason there are people that think Social Security or Medicare are provided by a Constitutional Amendment. There is no such Amendment. Not sure where anyone came up with this one. These same people think that Social Security should not be privatized. I wonder why these people think the very ones that broke Social Security are the ones that can fix it. The Social Security fund has been robbed to the point (by paying for other entitlement programs) that there is nothing left in there. If it is privatized and all the money is lost in the market, what is the difference? Oh yeah, it’s that theft thing. I would much rather lose my money by risking it that having it robbed from me.
5) Doing away with Department of Education is not that radical of an idea. The Dept. of Education only came into existence during the Carter years. Before that the United States had a lot better education system in place. Any teacher will tell you what a nightmare NCLB is. The government has less business in education than they do in airport security. People who want to do away with the Department of Education only have educations best interest at heart. In order to standardize curriculum you must lower the standards. It is a proven fact that students will rise to a teachers expectations. The Department of Education forces a lowering of those expectations.
That is all for now. Expect more of this same type of hub later. I am sure I will be busy answering comments for the time being. Please stop by and leave a comment.