Conservative Bias - Winning
The conservatives has won big this past year. It began with the election of President Trump who is not a conservative. Yet, the policies and events this past year has lead to major shifts in modern American political scene. Here is a summary.
- June 2018
The Big List...
It started with the appointment of Judge Gorsuch to the Supreme Court...
1. Appointment of Judge Gorsuch to the Supreme Court
2. Recinding Obama’s DACA executive action
3. Repeal of the portion of ACA for individual mandate
4. Executive order to temporarily suspend travel from certain countries
5. Recognizing Jerusalem as capital of Israel and moving our embassy there
6. Recinding our commitment to the Paris Accord on climate change
7. Revamp the EPA to focus on cleanup of our environment
8. Approval of the Keystone pipeline
9. Renegotiate foreign trade deal such as NAFTA
10. Major tax reform for individual and businesses
11. Open dialog with North Korea
12. Insist NATO countries pay their fair share
13. Discontinue the Iran nuclear deal
14. Start building the wall in our southern border...
15. Withdraw from the UN Human Rights council
16. Improve US Russian relations
17. Roll back regulations, remove two for every one added
18. Degrading ISIS leadership and influence
19. Repeal of Net neutrality rule.
20. Roll back Obama’s Cuba policy
21. Deal with EU to reduce trade tarriffs.
22. GDP hit 4% in 2nd quarter of 2018.
With the retirement of Justice Stevens, President Trump with the majority of both Houses of Congress is on the verge of appointing another conservative judge to the Supreme Court. This will have long term implications for our country perhaps 30-40 years. The balance of the court could shift even more conservative over the next 6 years. Two more justices may retire in that period.
It may turn out that President Trump could be the most consequential president in the last 100 years. It all started with one election.
The Supreme Court 2018
It is no wonder Democrats are beside themselves these days. There antics of the last election, rigging the election in favor of Hillary Clinton has backfired. They have disenchanted their left wing base who supported Bernie Sanders. The 8 years of progressive changes under President Obama have been overturned for the most part. The only thing left is the ACA Healthcare law.
One and half year into the Trump Presidency, America is on the mend. The economy is roaring and GDP has returned above 4%. Unemployment is at all time low in all demographics. Foodstamp use is way down and disability claims is also down.
The only huge problem is our national debt which has risen past $21 trillion this past year.
With all of Trump‘s successes, you would think he would have the support of everyone. It is understandable why Democrats are against him. It is politics as usual. Yet, some RINO Republicans are also against Trump. People like John McCain, Jeff Flake and Bob Corker to name a few... They are inexplicably on the wrong side of history. Then again, they are lame duck Senators.
It was Barack Obama in 2009 who said “elections have consequences...” boy do they in 2016...and now we are seeing the results.
Some Related Info
- Donald Trump Nominated for Nobel Peace Prize After 'Working Tirelessly' for Peace
House Republicans sent a letter to the Norwegian Nobel Committee on Wednesday.
- GDPNow - Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
- Supreme Court ruling on public unions
The U.S. Supreme Court dealt a crippling blow Wednesday to unions representing millions of the nation's public employees.
- Supreme Court Issues Two Major Rulings : NPR
The Supreme Court on Tuesday upheld the Trump administration's travel ban. It also struck down California rules that forced crisis pregnancy centers to disclose their anti-abortion rights policies.
© 2018 Jack Lee