- Politics and Social Issues»
- North America Political & Social Issues
Course Correction: A Do Nothing US Congress
One Voice Equals One Vote: USE IT WISELY
Unless a person has been living under a rock, his or her head buried in the sand like an ostrich, or in a bubble completely void of knowledge of the world around us to not see that our nation's current political landscape is severely skewed to the right. We need to became more self aware of our surroundings, the Tea Party faction of the once reasonable Republican Party has hoodwinked and bamboozled moderate republicans with fears of being challenged in a primary by a far right wing candidate and their ideology.
There is so much that is wrong with our country's political system and a vast majority is due to dark money (Citizen's United), misinformation, fear and lack of moral compasses of our duly elected Government Leaders. This misinformation along with fear has lead to more average Americans voting against their own self interest out of spite, that's leading towards a calamitous downfall.
It has been said and documented that as human beings, we tend to be fearful and/or prejudice of people, places or things we don't fully understand. That uncertainty shouldn't grip us with fear, instead we should have an open mind and try to understand certain situations better.
We've come to a Fork in the road
Somewhere along the line the modern day Tea Party floated the notion or misnomer that trickle down economics work for all Americans. But in their reality they were saying the richest 1% don't have enough money while the other 99% has to much money.
The spin masters of the Tea Party try desperately to portray President Obama in a consistently negative light, but fail miserably which ultimately leaves them frustrated and angry. Once reasonable or moderate Republicans understood that in order to govern effectively, democrats and republicans alike had to at least be willing to negotiate to get things done that were in the best interest of the country as a whole.
Whilst in spin mode the GOP / Tea Party operatives make grossly misleading statements about public policies President Obama is trying to initiate into law, but they continuously leave out the truth of what the President is trying to do. They paint the picture of a bigger and more intrusive government as the enemy but they leave out, forget or omit the part of the constitution where we're govern by "a government of the people, by the people and for the people".
A Case in Point
Unnecessary Pain & Suffering
The aforementioned image is so self explanatory that the actual conversation shouldn't even be issue for the elected GOP / Tea Party officials or candidates. What's really insane is, in some of their minds this kind of common sense solution to an American problem is totally illogical, but since President Obama is proposing it. The Tea Party members are automatically opposed to it, just on principle that his administration might actually have a positive historical perspective/impact, as the first African American President of the United States.
That kind of logic is commonplace among today's Tea Party (far right fringe) who scares the HELL out of once moderate republicans and threatens their very interests in self preservation. In the end they fall in line with the wing-nuts, then keep their heads down and mouths shut regardless of how asinine the comments that come from certain Tea Party member.
This is particularly the case when true Tea Party wing-nuts like Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX), Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-TX) and soon to be former Rep. Michelle Bachmann (R-MN) or the Tea Party favorite Sarah Palin (Former Gov - AK) step up to the microphone, they're the republican's gift to democrats that keeps on giving. Not to be outdone by elected government officials, the right wing media has it share of people to say utterly stupid and repulsive things too, the likes of Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck and Bill O' Riley come to mind.
It's not really a surprise to me that GOP / Tea Party Clowns say that Washington is broken, politically speaking. Tea Party zealots are the reason for some of the problems facing the nation, the mere fact that they are in office to begin with is because they're like mindless drones to the Special Interest Groups that stock their campaign coffers for re-election.
To say that the Tea Party movement is going backwards is an understatement, given their penchant for shooting themselves in the foot. Eventually they'll shoot themselves in the leg and severe the femoral artery metaphorically speaking only to go the way of the Whig party.