Guess the Political Party - Part 1
Guess the Political Party
The other day I was visiting web sites of various political candidates. I was struck by the fact that many of them indicated no party affiliation anywhere on their home page. Eventually I located an endorsement page or a donation page, but for the most part the home pages were party-neutral. That strikes me as odd. Am I missing something?
Let's play a game.
Read the resume of a person in politics and tell me their party affiliation. We may all learn something from this. I'll provide a copy of their qualifications from their web site. I'll remove any references to political parties and geography, but beyond that I'll change nothing.
Read the resume, then take the 1 question quiz below. I'll let you in on the secret when you submit your answer.
What Political Party?
This person wants to be a state governor. We'll call him Joe Jones just in case you might have heard of him. This is the information Mr. Jones wants you to know about him, lifted directly from his web site. I redacted all references to his state and his home city.
About Joe Jones
- Married 32 years to Janet Jones
- Father of 5 children
- Oldest daughter, Jeanine, served as a U.S. Army officer and is an Iraq War veteran
- Jones served 21 years in the U.S. Army, both on active duty and reserves, retiring as a Lieutenant Colonel
- Business manager for a Fortune 500 health care company, American Hospital Supply Corporation
- A former city Prosecutor who successfully put rapists, murderers, and drug dealers behind bars
- Served 14 years in the (state) House of Delegates from (city in the state), rising to Chairman of the powerful Courts of Justice Committee, and Assistant Majority Leader
- Named “Legislator of the Year” by both the Fraternal Order of Police and the (state) Sheriff’s Association
- Effective Attorney General
- As Attorney General, 92 of his 105 legislative proposals passed, most with bipartisan support
- As Attorney General, he kept all 7 of his campaign promises