Kid's Guide - Be Like Bernie
Kids Campaign for Bernie Sanders Too
Kid's Like Bernie Sanders - Here's Why
There's been a rash of stick figure graphics on Facebook urging people to "Be Like ------." Some are humorous, some promote good behavior and values. This page urges kids to Be Like Bernie. Bernie Sanders is a great role model for young people.
He participated in sports while in school (track and basketball) and ran for class president in high school. Yes, even at a young age, Bernie Sanders wanted to use the political process to motivate people for good.
Now at age 74, Bernie Sanders inspires all ages with his campaign to help the poor and the middle class have a better life. People are excited about the idea of health care for everyone and the chance to go to college even if you aren't rich.
Below you'll find out what makes Senator Bernie Sanders a role model and how you can Be Like Bernie.
A Stick Figure Bernie
A Mother Tells Why Her Kids Want to Be Like Bernie
Brittany N. of Portland, Oregon says, "We have a new way to resolve fights in my house. It works great! It started when we were snuggling watching Bernie on YouTube speak in Seattle. My youngest was trying to kick the oldest off the bed.
I asked her "what would Bernie do?" She's three, so I answered for her and said that he would move over and make room. My oldest took it a step further and asked, "what would Trump do?" We decided he would kick her off the bed and then lie about it.
So then I asked the youngest "so, who do you want to be?" She answered "Bernie" and the other two yelled, "yay, be the Bern!" Since then, every fight has been resolved quickly with a "what would Bernie do?"
Another Kid Who Supports Bernie for President
Are You a Kid or a Grown-Up?
Vote in the Poll
Here's Bernie Sanders with One of His Grandchildren
When you grow up, wouldn't you like to be like Bernie!
Start now, being the best person that you can be.
Another Fan of Bernie Sanders
Ways You Can Be Like Bernie
Care about People
Be a Friend to Everyone
Print Out a Bernie Coloring Sheet
- Bernie Sanders Poster
Download, print, and color your very own free Bernie Sanders for President 2016 poster! Click on image below for full size image. Print 8×10 or 11×17. Once you have colored your poster take a photo of it then go to
Kids Care about Politics and Making America Better
Be Kind to All People
- Sometimes you see someone being mean to a person who is different from them. Maybe it is a Hispanic person or a Black person. Maybe it is someone from another country. Maybe it is someone with a handicap.
- Be Like Bernie. He would be friends with all those people. He would help them. He would be kind to them.
- Have you seen a kid who is poor? Sometimes the other kids won't play with them. That is unkind. Be Like Bernie and treat all people alike.
Video of Bernie Sanders and Muslim Student
Things Bernie Sanders Supports
What It Means to You
More about This
Health Care for All
Your family can go to the doctor when they get sick
Free/Affordable Public College
If you work hard in school, you can go to college
Right now many kids can't go to college as it is too expensive
Raise Minimum Wage to $15
When you get your first job, it will pay better than now
People can then afford to buy food and clothes and pay rent
Expand Social Security
Your grandparents will live better
Bridges and dams get repaired or replaced
It creates jobs for many people
Be Like Bernie - Tell the Truth
- Sometimes it is tempting to tell a fib. Maybe you did something wrong and don't want anyone to know. Sometimes they find out anyway. Sometimes they don't find out.
- No matter what happens, telling a lie makes you feel bad. You keep worrying that others will find out you lied. You think they won't like you.
- Tell the truth and then you will feel good about yourself.
- If you promise to do something, do it. People will like that they can count on you. They will like that you do what you say you will.
Remember, You Can't Please Everyone
- Bernie Sanders says, "the big banks and Wall Street are not going to like me." He doesn't want them to like him. He wants them to change and be better.
- To be like Bernie, you have to stand up for what is right. Look for friends who think that way too.
- You don't want to be a bully just so bullies will like you. Don't do bad things just to get liked.
Print Out Some Bernie Glasses and Eyebrows to Wear to a Rally or March
- Printable Bernie Sanders Eyeglasses Mask
Printable Bernie Sanders fun mask with eyeglasses and eyebrows, sizes for adults or kids.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2016 Virginia Allain