Lockdown: A Boon and A Curse for India
Everything comes across the way, has two things with it. A boon and a curse like every coin has two faces a head and a tail. If there is negativity so as positivity. Since the lockdown has begun in India, many problems has been arisen. People are facing many issues like daily wages people have no food to eat as there is no work for them. The pressure on the police and health staff is suddenly increased. On the other hand, certain happenings are there which are very good in the context of nature as well as for the human being and of course, some are very bad for the same.
- The best part of this lock-down is, it stopped the spreading of the virus.
- People get so much time to spend with their families. In these days, parents have come closer to their children. They are cooking, reading, and playing together.
- The lock-down has broken the supply chain of tipple especially in Punjab, a state in India. Punjab was facing the same issue for a long time. The consumption of opiate material is very high in Punjab and due to this lock-down the supply of those substances stopped completely. It reduces the death cases due to the consumption of intoxicating material, a recent study said.
- In terms of environment, it had cleaned the air and doing the same continuously. If we talk especially about the capital of India, which had the most polluted air in the country now have almost pure air.
- It is increasing the reading habit of people. People are reading newspapers for more than one hour. Players are spending their time with the books.
- The ozone layer had started to palliate itself. The ozone layer saves us from skin cancer as it does not allow ultraviolet rays to go to the earth.
- In the context of the holy river of India, Ganga, the Indian government had established so many organizations and adopted so many policies to clean the river but was unable to attain a benchmark, but lockdown did that. The water is safe for drinking now in some places.
- Professionals are using their time to learn new things and trying to enhance their skill set. This will surely help them to grow in their career. Some of them are learning their hobby online.
- Athletes discover unique and amazing ways of workout. It shows the passion for the game and career. It gives motivation. It also shows that if we want to do something, nothing can stop us. It is a never losing spirit which is very important in-game as well as for a player.
- This period let us know that work from home is also possible. There are certain industries in which work from home is not possible but can be done if required. Virtual classes are going on for the students so that this lock-down will not affect their study.
- It is leading a huge negative impact on the economy. The heavy impact sectors are facing contraction. Aviation sector and hospitality sector are one of them. But in today's time, only a few sectors are there which is not affected by this lock-down otherwise almost every sector is affected by this lock-down.
- This lockdown will increase unemployment because many people will fire form the job in certain sectors because they will have no money for the salary of their staff. The hotel industry, will face this effect on a huge level.
- The worst part of this lock-down is that it is creating a depression in daily wage workers. They have nothing in their hand. They are unable to feed their children, the young ones are unable to have milk and in that guilt they are committing suicide. Although N.G.O.'s and government officials are trying their best to feed them but that is not enough. They also have an extreme fear of their future.
- It is increasing domestic violence in the country. One of the main reasons is despair. Everyone is tension-ed about their job and future. They not know long we will face this situation and this is leading the domestic violence.
- The outsourcing industry has facing tremendous losses.
It is our duty now not to squander the things, we achieve through this lockdown. The industries must follow the guidelines of government regarding the wastewater management and make sure that they will discharge the waste after treatment. So that we will have pure water for a long time. We have to use this period for our growth in learning new skill set and we have to care that most of the time will not be used by screen. Give time to the family and pray for the best.
It is a request to all of you to follow the rules tightly so that things will be easy soon. For our safety, who are working, it is our duty not to be a burden for them. Already we had lost our many great and stunning police and health personals. If we can do something for our society, we have to do it.
© 2020 AndazeAkash