Michele Bachmann's quotes
Here is a list of the best Michele Bachmann quotes. Since she is so "special" I figured I would do a special hub just for her. I hope you enjoy it.
1. "Before we get started, let's all say 'Happy Birthday' to Elvis Presley today." -Rep. Michele Bachmann. Too bad it wasn’t Elvis’s birthday. It was actually the day he died! Aug. 16, 2011
2. "Well what I want them to know is just like, John Wayne was from Waterloo, Iowa. That's the kind of spirit that I have, too" -Rep. Michele Bachmann. Too bad she got the wrong John Wayne. The John Wayne that was from Waterloo, Iowa was actually John Wayne Gacy who was a serial killer!
3. "I don't know how much God has to do to get the attention of the politicians. We've had an earthquake; we've had a hurricane. He said, 'Are you going to start listening to me here?' Listen to the American people because the American people are roaring right now. They know government is on a morbid obesity diet and we've got to rein in the spending." –Rep. Michele Bachmann. God is now sending earthquakes and hurricanes to speak to U.S. politicians!
4. "I find it interesting that it was back in the 1970s that the swine flu broke out under another, then under another Democrat president, Jimmy Carter. I'm not blaming this on President Obama; I just think it's an interesting coincidence." -Rep. Michele Bachmann. Yeah this one dumbfounded me so much that I do not even have a witty retort.
5. "There are hundreds and hundreds of scientists, many of them holding Nobel Prizes, who believe in intelligent design." -Rep. Michele Bachmann. Really intelligent people believe in intelligent design, no kidding!
6. "Why should I go and do something like that? But the Lord says, 'Be submissive wives; you are to be submissive to your husbands." -Rep. Michele Bachmann. God must have gotten sick of speaking to politicians through earthquakes and hurricanes; now he is speaking through her husband!
7. "Carbon dioxide is portrayed as harmful. But there isn't even one study that can be produced that shows that carbon dioxide is a harmful gas." -Rep. Michelle Bachmann. Agh, and some people believe that she should have the access codes to our nukes. You have to be kidding me!
8. "I wish the American media would take a great look at the views of the people in Congress and find out: Are they pro-America or anti-America?" -Rep. Michelle Bachmann. I want to ask her the same question!
9. "If we took away the minimum wage -- if conceivably it was gone -- we could potentially virtually wipe out unemployment completely because we would be able to offer jobs at whatever level -Rep. Michelle Bachmann. That is awesome, we can work for peanuts. Maybe if she gets into office they will make sweat shops legal in the U.S.
10. “Gay marriage is probably the biggest issue that will impact our state and our nation in the last, at least, thirty years. I am not under-stating that” -Rep. Michelle Bachmann. Really???
11. “A woman was healthy. There was brain damage, there was no question. But from a health point of view, she was not terminally ill” -Rep. Michelle Bachmann. After this quote she has my full attention. We should put her in charge of our children’s future now!
12. “Normalization (of gayness) through desensitization. Very effective way to do this with a bunch of second graders is take a picture of “The Lion King” for instance, and a teacher might say, “Do you know that the music for this movie was written by a gay man?” The message is: I’m better at what I do, because I’m gay.” -Rep. Michelle Bachmann. This woman doesn’t have the brains that God gave a goose!
13. On homosexuality as a mental disorder: “Don’t misunderstand. I am not here bashing people who are homosexuals, who are lesbians, who are bisexual, who are transgender. We need to have profound compassion for people who are dealing with the very real issue of sexual dysfunction in their life and sexual identity disorders.” -Rep. Michelle Bachmann. That is one way to win over their votes!
14. “Two homosexuals that were holding up my picture this week at the Capitol and shouting that I want to hate people, I walked up to them and said: “I don’t hate you. I love you and the Savior who created you. He loves you, too, can I tell you why? This is not about hating them, this is about loving them into the Kingdom.” -Rep. Michelle Bachmann. Once again Obama might have his faults, but to put a woman like this into office is ridiculous!
12. "black child born into slavery in 1860 was more likely to be raised by his mother and father in a two-parent household than was an African American baby born after the election of the USA's first African American President." -Rep. Michelle Bachmann. Is she saying that African American people were better off as property?
13. "A mother...told me that her little daughter took that vaccine, that injection, and she suffered from mental retardation thereafter. The mother was crying... This is the very real concern and people have to draw their own conclusions." This is bachmann's take on the HPV vaccine. Too Bad the Center for Disease Control and the Federal Drug Administration have no documented cases of anyone ever developing mental retardation on account of the vaccine.
Bachmann’s Web site used to have a list her favorite books under "Michele’s Must Read List". Here is a quote from one of her favorite books. "Slavery, as it operated in the pervasively Christian society which was the old South, was not an adversarial relationship founded upon racial animosity. In fact, it bred on the whole, not contempt, but, over time, mutual respect. This produced a mutual esteem of the sort that always results when men give themselves to a common cause. The credit for this startling reality must go to the Christian faith. . . The unity and companionship that existed between the races in the South prior to the war was the fruit of a common faith". Please tell me that this woman isn't saying that slavery was an institution which bred mutual respect between the ethnicities!