- Politics and Social Issues
Obama Era Lexicon
Words do have meanings. That is why some in government will manipulate the wording of certain events or policy to make things seem more palatable to the general public. I have a few examples that has come from the Obama Era, either by Mr. Obama or his Administration.
- Jun. 2016
List of New Phrases
- "Black Lives Matter" - but really "All Lives Do Matter"
- "Containment" of ISIS/ISIL instead of defeating them.
- Crony Capitalism - a bad thing we all can agree on but how to stop it?
- Dream Act - immigration reform.
- Executive Action instead of Executive Order, what's the difference?
- "No Existential threat" when it comes to "Islamic Jihadists" only JV team.
- Gender neutral - bathrooms. How did we fare before all this?
- Grubering - Professor Jonathan Gruber, the ultimate whistle blower and proud of it.
- Income Inequality - or spread the wealth...
- Lead from Behind - as if you can do it effectively...
- Living Wage - (as oppose to minimum wage) What is a living wage depends on where you live, $8/hr. in MS but $20 in NY.
- Obamacare or the ACA - a document no one read.
- Occupy Wall Street movement - funded and paid for by George Soros.
- Prosecutorial discretion - or pick and choose the law to follow.
- Quantitative Easing or another words - printing money.
- Russia "Reset" Button - where is the genie?
- Sanctuary Cities - sounds like shangri la.
- Sequester - lazy man's budget cut.
- Shovel Ready Jobs - a fantasy.
- "Suspension of Disbelief" or a Lie.
- Too Big to Fail - Wall Street bankers only.
- Undocumented Aliens or a misnomer (fake documented or illegal Aliens)
Here is one that is wiped from the records
- Islamic Extremist Jihadist
I tried to identify some new lexicon that have crept into our vocabulary over the last 8 years and have a little fun with some of them. It would be funny if it wasn't sad. They touched on some aspects of our daily lives in terms of our economy, our nation's security, race relations and national policies. God save us!
© 2016 Jack Lee