President Obama's Legacy by the Numbers
President Obama was elected 2 terms as President with popular support. He had 8 years to build a legacy. Here are some highlights based on actual numbers. You can check my stats.
- Jan. 2017
- 8 - Number of domestic terrorist acts on the homeland.
- 10 - number of major awards including the Nobel Peace Prize in 2009.
- 19 - number of Cabinet meeting in first term.
- 21 - The number of Medal of Freedom awarded. (the most of all Presidents)
- 79 - number of times Supreme Court ruled against Obama Administration, 45% win rate.
- 164 - Number of news conferences held.
- 164 - Number of fundraising events in first term.
- 197 - Number of gitmo detainees released including 5 traded for Bergdahl.
- 277 - Number of executive orders issued.
- 219 - Number of Presidential Memorandum issued as of 2015.
- 563 - Number of drone strikes issued by Obama.
- 1715 - Number of commutation of sentences of prisoners. More than any previous presidents.
- $85 million - Obama family spent on vacation In 8 years.
- 300 - number of rounds of golf played.
- 1 - number of meetings Obama had with Kathleen Sebilius, Secretary of HHS and key implementor of Obamacare ACA.
Barack Obama in 2009 - “I will not rest until every American who wants a job can find one."
These numbers are shocking if not sad!