- Politics and Social Issues»
- United States Politics
Reality of Election 2016
This election cycle was very different than most. We had the primaries and the colorful debates and now have ended with two very flawed candidates.
As it was exposed a few days ago by wikileak, the whole thing was a charade. From the start, it was decided who would win the nomination. The DNC and the media conspired to put Hillary Clinton on top regardless of the American voters. It is reality to find out how sausages are made.
On the GOP side, it was no diffenent. After 17 candidates faught for the nomination, only Trump ended on top. By hook or by crook, Trump did the impossible and beat all the other candidates to the surprise and shock of the GOP leadership.
Come Jan. 2017, regardless who takes office, our country will be facing challenges that are dire and have been in the works for a long time. Here are the list.
- A 20 trillion national debt.
- A military that has been decimated to the point that we cannot conduct wars on two fronts.
- A partisan Supreme Court that is evenly divided 4-4.
- A Congress that is controlled by the same insiders that wants to keep the status quo.
- A huge Federal bureaucracy headed by career staffs that are tainted.
- A Growing problem of ISIS around the globe.
- A broken Healthcare system of ACA that is hard to repeal.
- A continuing problem with illegal aliens coming across our borders.
- A federal reserve that is clueless about our economy and how to fix monetary policy.
- A majority of the people who does not pay taxes, and receiving subsidies.
What Would Save Us?
There is no magic pill. The solution to all our problems is common sense. I will outline a few things that are obvious to Conservatives.
- Elect a Conservative to the Whitehouse
- Pass an Amendment to have term limits placed on Congress and on the Supreme Court
- Abolish the Federal Reserve
- Repeal the ACA and replace with a market driven healthcare system
- Bring back law and order
- Rebuild our military capabilities
- Fire all Federal Agency appointed heads and replace them with civil servants
- Enforce our immigration laws
- Go after ISIS in all aspects
- Pass a balanced budget Amendment with exception only in times of war and natural disasters
- Major tax reform - the fair tax
Unfortunately for our country, none of the items I listed will ever be implemented. The next President, who ever it is, will keep the status quo as dictated by the powers that be. The people with the money. The people on wall street. The elites of our world. They are the ones making money on the backs of the tax payers.
Some Related Info
- Conservative Principles Defined
My definition of what a Conservative believes.
- A Time for Constitutional Amendment on Term Limit of SCOTUS
Recent events has demonstrated that time have changed and the Constitution needs to change to adapt.