- Politics and Social Issues»
- Social Issues
The NRA and their Followers in Gun Control
There seems to be two types of NRA members, those that are moderate and those that are fanatical idiots. The president of the NRA himself is a hypocrite, changing his position on the gun control issues over the years.
The moderate members seem to be more introverted and fewer of them than the larger, extroverted fanatical owners that love their guns so much they dream of having sex with it. Unfortunately, it is the "squeaky wheel that gets its way". The moderate NRA members favor what most non-gun owners want also:
1. Background checks whenever a gun is sold, whether it is at a gun show or between two on the street or between family members. The background check should be done when a gun is given as a gift to another.
2. The gun magazine capacity should be not more than 10 bullets allowed. Those that insist it be 20-30 rounds are lazy, so lazy, they dread changing a clip- its such hard work. I mean, you gotta take the clip out and stick another one in,
3. The states must comply with background checks for criminal and mental health records. The problem is, many do not now. Unless a state is mandated by the feds to comply, many will just give them the finger. It does little good to do a check if the state does not provide the data. Duh!
4. Restrict who can purchase any AR-15 rifle or other semi-automatic weapon. They are not needed/ The gun lovers arguments about their need shows how lazy they are- I mean, its so hard to pull a trigger many times instead of just holding the trigger down and fire off bullets.
All of the NRA members lame arguments about the Second Amendment and the right to bear arms are, or should be, in most sensible people, second and subordinate to the right of life of any American. But, many NRA members are just sick and in love with guns, maybe it is a sort of repressed sexual or aggressive behavior, its about power. Whatever it is, since the discussions began, there have already been more shootings.
Enough is enough, and these four items are really no brainers to start gun control.