- Politics and Social Issues
Where to donate for children cause - Charity for Children
Where to donate for childrens causes
There are many organizations which support and cater to the needs of children all over the world. I know that in this difficult times, we tend not to bother with donations etc, but the feeling it will give us is in no way commensurate to the donations we are going to give to the welfare of children. We can either sponsor a child for a minimal amount or buy cards from the organizations or support medical or social research pertaining to children if we want to.
Children all over the world need our help.
I picked up some good thoughts about children to get you inspired and to set you in the mood:
“One generation plants the trees; another gets the shade“. Chinese proverb
“How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these. George Washington Carver
“When I approach a child, he inspires in me two sentiments; tenderness for what he is, and respect for what he may become“. Louis Pasteur
- 1. Save the Children is an organization for children around the world, where you can donate, be a sponsor , and join the campaign for children. It is the leading independent organization creating lasting change in the lives of children in need in the United States and around the world. It is said in their website “Recognized for our commitment to accountability, innovation and collaboration, our work takes us into the heart of communities, where we help children and families help themselves. It also deals in emergency situation where in there are children in need of support and care“.
- 2. UNICEF is the United Nations Children’s Fund is an organization for helping children in charge of child survival and development, basic education gender and equality, child protection, child policy and advocates, HIV-AIDS and children, child protection etc.
Buy a UNICEF Inspired Gift this holiday season and you will not regret it.
- 3. World Vision is a charity that provides both emergency relief and long-term community development programs. Our worldwide staff, of about 40,000 (95% of whom are nationals of the countries where they serve), assists about 100 million people in nearly 100 countries throughout Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe, the Middle East, and the Americas.
World Vision -- donate here
- 4. St. Jude Children's Research Hospital is unlike any other pediatric treatment and research facility. Discoveries made here have completely changed how the world treats children with cancer and other catastrophic diseases. With research and patient care under one roof, St. Jude is where some of today's most gifted researchers are able to do science more quickly. St. Jude researchers are published and cited more often in high impact publications than any other private pediatric oncology research institution in America. St. Jude is a place where many doctors send some of their sickest patients and toughest cases. A place where cutting-edge research and revolutionary discoveries happen every day.
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital -- donate here
- 5. Children's Charities of America -- is a non profit organizations in charge of helping children. Its website defines the aims and goals of the organization.
http://www.childrenscharities.org/donate.htm -- donate here
- 6. Childrens International --- As a nonprofit organization,they help children to survive poverty and become healthy citizens, you can sponsor children too. Their website clearly states their goal "We continue to provide safe, sturdy homes for impoverished families who suffer in substandard housing. Through our housing program, we've built hundreds of new homes for victims of natural disasters, such as hurricanes and fires; and thousands of homes have been repaired and upgraded with sturdy roofs and concrete floors".