cfin profile image 78

On the topic of gun control, what do you think of this?

Smart guns, recently patented by Irish entrepreneur, Robert McNamara, prevent anyone, except the owner of the device, from shooting it. A chip implant in the hand, or a simple bracelet, ring, or stamp can contain the chip, which allows gun to fire, only when it is within 2 inches of the trigger. I am curious to see what people think of this idea. I am impartial and try not to pass judgment on this issue. I just found this interesting.

Best Answer lburmaster says

• cfin profile image

cfin 4 years ago

Probably suitable for professionals such as cops, army, or maybe just enthusiasts. The ring would probably work best.

Rbostick profile image81

Rick Bostick (Rbostick) says

• cfin profile image

cfin 4 years ago

Yeah true. There was the magnet ring idea before. For cops it would be great. Nobody could seize their weapon. It would combat the accidental shooting by children mostly. To me that needs to be the focus first.

CynthiAnn profile image60

CynthiAnn says

Justin Earick profile image84

Justin Earick says

Larry Wall says