jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Dogfighting App in the Google Play Store?

1. sabrebIade profile image82
    sabrebIadeposted 4 years ago

You have GOT to be kidding me!
    How in the Hell does Google justify selling this?
    "Don't be evil"?
    Yeah right!

"Raise your dog to beat the best!
    AN APP THAT WILL NEVER APPEAR IN THE iPHONE APP STORE!
    The Controversial Dogfighting Android "DogWars - Beta" app by Kage Games LLC has been renamed to KG Dogfighting!
    Feed, water, train and FIGHT your virtual pet dog against others..."

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta … feature=md

2. habee profile image90
    habeeposted 4 years ago

I find that disgusting. Ugh.

Next, we'll have "Gladiator Kids." Feed, train, and teach your child to kill other kids in this exciting new game.

3. profile image0
    JaxsonRaineposted 4 years ago

I support the game-makers' right to make that game, and Google's right to host it.

If Apple really wouldn't let that in their store, then that's just one more reason to like Apple(I have the biggest love/hate relationship with Apple).

4. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

I have mixed feelings.  Games are a form of fiction and I think fiction should be protected from censorship.

1. profile image0
      JaxsonRaineposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Oh, it's absolutely freedom of expression. Google can censor it by not selling it, that's fine. The government though? No.

It's sad, probably would be a fun game if they replaced the dogs with some kind of Digimon pets.

1. psycheskinner profile image81
        psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Refusal to distribute, when you have a near monopoly on some channels is a form of censorship (which is a word with a wider meaning than its legal definition).

Yes, Apple bans it, they also ban anything with boobies even if it is about breast cancer prevention.  I don't see that as an improvement.

IMHO, is the message not the same whether they are dogs or very doglike pokemon.  You are training dependent friendly creatures to kill and die for no really good reason.

2. habee profile image90
      habeeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I agree that fiction shouldn't be censored - for adults. I still think such games are disgusting.

5. sabrebIade profile image82
    sabrebIadeposted 4 years ago

Alan Davidson, head of public policy for Google testified to a Senate committee that, "Apps that are unlawful or are directly related to unlawful activity, we do take those down."

BTW...in that same game you can shoot up your dog with steroids and adrenaline, buy guns, and enlist the help of gangs to fight the cops.
    "Don't be evil"

working