jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (14 posts)

Why do so many of you believe political propaganda?

1. promisem profile image94
    promisemposted 16 months ago

I can't believe the garbage I'm reading on many sites including HP anymore from people posting inaccurate and ridiculous "facts" about political candiates.

Our country has become overwhelmed with political propaganda. Too many people accept what they hear as the truth because it's what they WANT to hear and not what's actually true.

They get this garbage via emails from friends, propaganda Web sites that have no identifiable owner or in some cases Web sites and and media outlets owned by someone with strong ties to a political party.

Are you one of those people or do you try to get your information from credible sources?

1. AshtonFirefly profile image83
      AshtonFireflyposted 16 months ago in reply to this

I share your frustration.

It is incredibly difficult to find credible sources. Although I am no conspiracy theorist, I am not so ignorant as to believe that all media outlets do not have some agenda.

You are very correct in saying that people assume something is true because it is what they want to hear. We are too often trapped in our own firmly held opinions, and yet claim that we are open-minded.

2. RJ Schwartz profile image89
      RJ Schwartzposted 16 months ago in reply to this

I get everything from the Onion, the Borowitz report, and the Daily Currant

1. Castlepaloma profile image24
        Castlepalomaposted 16 months ago in reply to this

From 40 years of being in the media, I say 15% are authentic and honest. More on the Web.

yikes

I didn't know it was THAT bad.

-1 for humanity.

2. paradigmsearch profile image85
        paradigmsearchposted 16 months ago in reply to this

I hadn't dropped by The Onion in years, thanks for the reminder. big_smile

Meanwhile, we have to do something about Joe. http://www.theonion.com/article/biden-q … eal--52960

I hadn't laughed at all today, and then I read that. Thank you, kind Hubber.

1. paradigmsearch profile image85
            paradigmsearchposted 16 months ago in reply to this

You are welcome. smile

3. rhamson profile image77
      rhamsonposted 16 months ago in reply to this

The alternative to free speech is the censorship. Then someone else decides what you hear or read. I like it this way. The only way to combat misleading and yellow journalism is through education and research. Both of which are becoming less frequent.

2. paradigmsearch profile image85
    paradigmsearchposted 16 months ago

But if it's on the internet, then it must be true!

1. Castlepaloma profile image24
      Castlepalomaposted 16 months ago in reply to this

Not when the greatest pass time in North America is lying.

Yet a higher degree of truth than mainstream media.

3. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image91
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 16 months ago

On Facebook I've got every single partisan site blocked from showing up in my feed. I mean right or left, brietbart, redstate, daily kos, motherjones, addictinginfo, all of those garbage sites - were making me so angry all the time I'm sure my life will be shorter than it otherwise would have been had I remained blissfully ignorant of politics.

I read The Dallas Morning News most days. Everyone knows it is a left leaning newspaper, but it is a gentle lean, so it is tolerable.

4. colorfulone profile image88
    colorfuloneposted 16 months ago

Facts:  Only 6% of Americans trust mainstream media anymore.   

Smith-Mundt Modernization Act of 2012 - H. R. 5736

According to John Hudson of Foreign Policy Magazine, “For decades, a so-called anti-propaganda law prevented the U.S. government’s mammoth broadcasting arm from delivering programming to American audiences. But on July 2, that came silently to an end with the implementation of a new reform passed in January. The result: an unleashing of thousands of hours per week of government-funded radio and TV programs for domestic U.S. consumption in a reform initially criticized as a green light for U.S. domestic propaganda efforts.”

Propaganda is at an all time high...brainwashing is legal thanks to Obama and a corrupt government that is owned by greedy transinternational corporations.  Its a part of the Globalist's plan.  Those corporations make laws (write the bills) with legislators going along with the big money decide 'secretly behind closed doors' (conspiracy).
    Its We the United States of ALEC!

MSNBC, NBC, ABC, CBS, CNN, Fox News already were arms of propaganda, but even more so since Obama repealed H. R. 5736.

1. colorfulone profile image88
      colorfuloneposted 16 months ago in reply to this

"Truth, War Propaganda, CIA and Media Manipulation"
      http://www.globalresearch.ca/truth-prop … tion/23868

EXAMPLE:  Time Warner owns Time Magazine, HBO, Warner Bros., and CNN, among many others. The board of directors includes individuals past or presently affiliated with: the Council on Foreign Relations, the IMF, the Rockefeller Brothers Fund, Warburg Pincus, Phillip Morris, and AMR Corporation, among many others.

Global Research does not accept assistance from public and private foundations. Nor do we seek support from universities and/or government.

"THE CIA AND THE MEDIA"
      http://carlbernstein.com/magazine_cia_and_media.php

working