jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (13 posts)

US wrestling team denied visas for competition in Iran

1. promisem profile image90
    promisemposted 9 months ago

What goes around comes around. You also can expect a negative impact on tourism into the U.S. from countries that our President has annoyed. The list is getting long.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/03/sport/ira … index.html

1. wilderness profile image99
      wildernessposted 9 months agoin reply to this

You know, that doesn't bother me one iota.  If other countries want to play silly games they may do so.  On their own playing field, of course.

1. PhoenixV profile image81
        PhoenixVposted 9 months agoin reply to this

Is that the same country that took hostages back in the late 70s and early 80s and periodically tens of thousands will get in the streets and chant death to America and has human rights issues like executing children?

1. wilderness profile image99
          wildernessposted 9 months agoin reply to this

I do believe that's the one.  Which is part of the reason it doesn't bother me.  Frankly, were I on a wrestling team I wouldn't go anyway, so the ban would mean less than nothing.

1. PhoenixV profile image81
            PhoenixVposted 9 months agoin reply to this

Thanks. I was just checking to see if I was still on the same planet anymore.

2. Castlepaloma profile image74
            Castlepalomaposted 9 months agoin reply to this

Trump had a wresting match with Vince McMahon. McMahon lost and was forced to shave his head, he made it look painful.

I challenge this heavy weight Trump to a real wrestling match. The loser gets a kick in the balls. My bet he will back down for a second time to my challenges.

1. Castlepaloma profile image74
              Castlepalomaposted 9 months agoin reply to this

One change of rule, I get to go first.

2. promisem profile image90
        promisemposted 9 months agoin reply to this

I'm not surprised they did it. I'm more concerned about the impact on the U.S. economy from angry allies that might think twice about trade deals, tourism, etc.

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image81
      Kathryn L Hillposted 9 months agoin reply to this

"The US State Department has warned Americans for years about the risks of traveling to Iran.
      The most recent travel warning, updated on the department's website in August 2016, says Iran unjustly imprisons US citizens, especially Iranian-Americans, on charges of espionage and being a threat to national security.
      Another source of friction between the United States and Iran is the future of the nuclear deal negotiated during former President Barack Obama's administration.
      Trump said during the campaign that he would renegotiate the deal, but Iranian President Hassan Rouhani has said that won't happen. "Do you think we and our nation will let him do that?" Rouhani said."
      FROM http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/28/middleeas … -citizens/

Even the wrestlers should be relieved they are not going.

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image81
    Kathryn L Hillposted 9 months ago

The ban is temporary. It is to prevent terrorists from getting into the country.
    People should be thankful, but are they?
    NOOOOOO ………

Well, I for one, am.

But, why no ban on the hottest of the terrorist hot-beds:
    Saudi Arabia, where terrorists are created????

1. colorfulone profile image86
      colorfuloneposted 9 months agoin reply to this

The good people from and in the Middle East know this too well., so does Trump, everyone should know it by now. 

I can assure you that there are many things happening in the US and around the world that are not being made public because of security concerns and life and death risks. Trump put together an anti-terrorist coalition with world leaders in other countries.  The Opposition News network would be tipping off the terrorists if they could so it has be a quiet operation.   Saudi Arabia is not immune.

3. Kathryn L Hill profile image81

"By Tal Kopan, CNN
    Updated 12:39 PM ET, Mon November 16, 2015 "Trump said later Monday on MSNBC that it's time to start surveillance of mosques, and said the U.S. should shut some down if they have radical leaders.
    "Well you're going to have to watch and study the mosques, because a lot of talk is going on at the mosques," Trump said.
    France's interior minister has advocating closing some mosques that are spreading hate, and Trump said that is something to be open to.
    "Well I would hate to do it but it's something you're going to have to strongly consider," he said. "Some of the absolute hatred is coming from these areas. ... The hatred is incredible. It's embedded. The hatred is beyond belief. The hatred is greater than anybody understands."
    He noted that it's a small number of Muslims who he was speaking out against, but said they have an outsized impact.
    "I know so many people, Muslims, who are such unbelievably great people, and they're being so badly tarnished by what's happening now, it's a shame," Trump said. "But it's a tremendous amount of horror and damage and vitriol."

This article reveals/proves that Trump knows the difference between radical Muslims and typical Muslims.

4. Kathryn L Hill profile image81

working