11Alive: Hidden camera tells true story of how WWII Veteran died

1. colorfulone profile image85
    colorfuloneposted 3 weeks ago

The video shows the decorated World War II veteran calling for help six times before he goes unconscious while gasping for air.
    http://www.11alive.com/article/news/inv … -490859558

This is shocking story.

The video includes almost six hours of video court deposition from a nursing supervisor explaining how she responded to the patient before she knew the hidden camera video existed. The video shows a completely different response.

The deceased patient is 89-year-old James Dempsey, a decorated World War II veteran from Woodstock, Georgia.

Nurses were laughing as James Dempsey died.

1. Live to Learn profile image79
      Live to Learnposted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

I saw that video. It was definitely shocking. That woman and her staff are heartless and worthless. If they aren't fired and banned from caring for the elderly and incapacitated there is no justice. The one who walked in and out while the man was alive and struggling for his life should be brought up on chargers.

1. colorfulone profile image85
        colorfuloneposted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

I'm happy that the Supreme Court judge ruled in the Veterans favor to release the video.  It was reported on the video that Georgia State law prohibits surveillance cameras in care facilities like that.  So, the family members that put the secret camera to record activities were braking the law.  They did win! 

Its a good thing this has come to light. It makes my feel ill to think, well...

working