jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

DANGER of a WorldView Driven by EMPATHY

1. colorfulone profile image83
    colorfuloneposted 2 weeks ago

Never miss Black Pigeon Speaks!
    10:34 -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TH4m_K … ture=share

Better to teach a man how to fish, then to give him all your fish.

2. ahorseback profile image81
    ahorsebackposted 2 weeks ago

I always opt for teaching him what work is ...then he gets a job .... buys his own fishing rod and .......catches his own durned fish .   

Now, the liberal way of doing it is  to vote for a federal  fish  tax program  ..... that way funds are available to  provide for..... job programs to manufacture fishing rods ,...... job programs  for distributing , selling and  providing said rods ...... job programs  for starting fishing college's ....and finally , jobs programs to distribute  the free fish .......because no one want's these jobs anyway.

1. colorfulone profile image83
      colorfuloneposted 2 weeks agoin reply to this

Hold on a minute, what about having to grab public land and designate it a national park and then build a highway with curbs, sidewalks and bike trails to nowhere. 

I'm wondering since citizens have to buy fishing licenses, do illegal aliens get to fish for free illegally?

1. ahorseback profile image81
        ahorsebackposted 2 weeks agoin reply to this

I agree with Edward Abbey ,  all national parks should be banned of automobiles , driven in the Yellowstone lately ?    The Bob Marshall Wilderness in Montana has the right idea , No Motors whatsoever , walk in , ride a mule or horse  or stay the hell out !

3. Live to Learn profile image80
    Live to Learnposted 2 weeks ago

A world view should be heavily tempered with empathy. 'There but by the grace of God' should never be forgotten.

Your fish example is one of empathy. Teaching shows empathy. Giving without teaching shows sympathy.

working