Sadly, Joe is just another pawn in the Simon Cowell endgame. Most people now ar

1. profile image48
    Adam Aldenposted 8 years ago

Sadly, Joe is just another pawn in the Simon Cowell endgame.

Most people now are starting to...

realise just what The X Factor and its associated programmes are - a money-making product for Mr. Cowell whilst at the same time stifling the development of good proper bands.

Apart from a handful of bands this decade, what have we produced in terms of bands/singers?   Where are the modern-day Queen's, Rolling Stones, Beatles, Def Leppards even?   

Those bands made it because they were good, and people wanted to hear them en masse.   Now, TV is only pandering to the whims of those with 'financial influence.'   Oh for the days of Beadle and You Bet....they are sadly missed!

It could all be a

2. Doll Heart Candy profile image56
    Doll Heart Candyposted 7 years ago

As much as I love the X Factor I have to agree with you.  I think once the show is over most of the winners are now disappearing into the background, excluding Leona Lewis and perhaps Alex Burke.  I would certainly like to see a real band with musicians audition and feel that would maybe in some way keep it real.  At the end of the day the real winner will always be Mr Cowell and the show's producers and the winning act will be dropped like a sack of spuds if they fail to bring in the revenue.

Having said that I do love watching the show.

working