jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Is America Beginning To Decline As A Nation?

1. profile image58
    ThePeeDeeWildcatposted 7 years ago

Is America Beginning To Decline As A Nation?

2. Sky321 profile image74
    Sky321posted 7 years ago

I am Canadian and I think all of North America is on the decline.

3. GoGranny profile image78
    GoGrannyposted 7 years ago

Unfortunately I think it is. The moral and ethical standards are going down the tubes. Infighting over political issues, greed, selfishness, substandard education, and further distancing from God are all contributing to this decline. The devil is the reigning king of our country, he is having a blast creating this chaos.

4. profile image0
    jasper420posted 7 years ago

america has already declined as nation and as a country

5. Emissionguy profile image83
    Emissionguyposted 7 years ago

ever since reagan became president we have been in decline. once lies and dirty tricks and massive government spending became acceptable there is no turning back. This era of massive profit taking and overnight millionares changed our political and financial system forever. Its no longer okay to make just some money in business, now you have to kill everyone that walks in the door.

6. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

at one time america was the country of dreams but i think that is no longer the case. america is arguably the most hated country in the world now and it continues to go down hill from there. being canadian , i remember when having the U.S. as my neighbour was something to be proud of but now it can at time be embarrassing. no insult to the american people in general but the government has become so power hungry and so corrupt that it seems like it is beyond repair. between leaders like bush and the way americans almost worship celebrities i think in the next 50 years the U.S. will become a country that few other countries want to deal with.

7. SheriSapp profile image60
    SheriSappposted 7 years ago

At this point in time, I am more scared and concerned about the future of our nation than I have ever been. With our current "leadership" in Washington, things will continue to decline!!

8. Wayne Brown profile image85
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

America has been in decline in some fashion or other since the 1960's.  Unionized labor eventually drove our labor force out of the competition for manufacturing pushing our manufacturing base outside the country.  Politicians immersed us in wars which they were not willing to win (i.e. Vietnam = LBJ) grinding up lives and costing billions of dollars which we did not have in our coffers.  The debt of the war was basically mortgaged.  LBJ also launched the Great Society which opend the floodgate of social programs across the country most of which was to be paid for by the citizens with higher taxes.  Our education system continues to suck down billions of dollars annually yet turn out a poorer and poorer product in terms of math and science and allowing us to drop out of competition in the world.  Our National Debt has continued to rise as politicians earmarked more and more taxpayer money to be thrown away on some really stupid stuff that in effect is nothing more than a license to steal.  Politicians have sold their souls to gain voting blocks in America starting with large labor unions and municipal and teachers unions.  These votes have been bought with taxpayer money as well.  Our National Debt is at an all time high and is starting to pace with our Gross Domestic Product which in a matter of words says that we owe as much as we are worth.  In individual terms, that is call being bankrupt.  Elected officials refuse to admit spending is the problem and continue to look for new ideas for spending as they throw away money like sailors on a drunken shore leave. The American public for too long has wallowed in apathy comfortable to feel that we live in America and nothing bad can ever happen here.  Illegal immigration is totally out of control and our social programs are overburden by people who are not even citizens of this country.  Our politicians suggest that we throw the doors open and give every one amnesty as a solution to securing the border.  The drugs wars on our souther borders are only an example of what is coming to our country in that geography.  For now the fighting is at the border and mostly on the other side,  As it continues, that will change and many of the border towns on the USA side will fall to these idiots mainly because our government does not want to offend Mexico.  And you asked if we were in decline...You tell me! WB

working