jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

George Bush's grandfather, the late US senator Prescott Bush, was a director and

1. Mr. Happy profile image83
    Mr. Happyposted 7 years ago

George Bush's grandfather, the late US senator Prescott Bush, was a director and shareholder of

companies that profited from their involvement with the financial backers of Nazi Germany.
      The Guardian has obtained confirmation from newly discovered files in the US National Archives that a firm of which Prescott Bush was a director was involved with the financial architects of Nazism.

His business dealings, which continued until his company's assets were seized in 1942 under the Trading with the Enemy Act, has led more than 60 years later to a civil action for damages being brought in Germany against the Bush family.

I was wandering what people think about this?

2. GNelson profile image78
    GNelsonposted 7 years ago

I think that it is sad.  I think that most votes are cast based on what is shown on TV.  We elect people who do not represent our best interests.  Bush is just one example.  I doubt that it will change soon but I hope it does.

3. someonewhoknows profile image76
    someonewhoknowsposted 7 years ago

What they teach in our schools is definitely influenced by some political proaganda that a few in our government want to keep from the people.

4. Ms Dee profile image85
    Ms Deeposted 7 years ago

I'm not surprised in light of all that's happened in the last century, or so.  Check out http://www.ratical.com/ratville/JFK/ToA/ToA.html

working