jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What is the lamest story told to you by a panhandler?

1. ptosis profile image72
    ptosisposted 7 years ago

What is the lamest story told to you by a panhandler?

OK. We have all been approached. Some legit. Others have signs that say "why lie, need beer'.  I tell them to make me laugh if they want money. But what is the LAMEST stupidest story you have heard on the street. Oh BTW check out this pic, - Got to admit - they had a 'niche' - er -ahem.

2. Dr Sharon Schuetz profile image61
    Dr Sharon Schuetzposted 7 years ago

I think about the best one was the truth, "I'm going to buy beer and cigarettes." But I had to say, that picture is hilarious. If that started coming up to our cars all over America, we'd have a real epidemic of road rage.

3. MalcolmKlock profile image60
    MalcolmKlockposted 7 years ago

I once saw a man on Venice Beach with a sign that said "family killed by pigeons: need BB gun to exact revenge."

Also the guy outside my old school with the sign "vietnam vet: will work for food" when he was quite clearly no older than 19.

4. justom profile image70
    justomposted 7 years ago

I once had a guy ask me for $30 so he could take the bus home. I asked him where the hell do you live?

5. getitrite profile image78
    getitriteposted 7 years ago

I had a guy ask me for bus fare.  When I offered to give him a ride, he quickly declined.

6. dosters profile image84
    dostersposted 7 years ago

It's not so much a story as an experience.  I was going to McDonalds and a guy on the street had a "need money for food" sign.  I told him I would buy him something from McD's.  He says "I don't eat that crap! I'm vegetarian!"

7. someonewhoknows profile image73
    someonewhoknowsposted 7 years ago

Remind him that McDonalds sells salads and fruit.

Closed to reply