jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Does anybody feel a Revolution is on the wind here in the US?

1. gg.zaino profile image82
    gg.zainoposted 7 years ago

Does anybody feel a Revolution is on the wind here in the US?

If you do, when do you think the time will be ripe.

2. profile image0
    china manposted 7 years ago

A revolution is ALWAYS possible when any country is deeply divided.  It has to be said that in many ways a Revolution is unlikely in America in the near future, but on the other hand if the current economic crisis ends in a depression it would increase the chances by a mile.  In the last 'depression' there was nobody else in the world not in the same boat to some degree and so no real threat to America per se - but today there are many other countries in a better economic situation or in a good situation.  If the economy crashes again the US will lose its number one position and the dollar and its trade will come under intense pressure such that it is unlikely to ever recover to the same levels of prosperity.

3. profile image0
    nomadicasianposted 7 years ago

It's not going to happen unless people with sinister motives, evil intentions and by forcing Americans to convert to fundamentalist religion that hates tolerance...well that could be the time when Revolution comes to life. And when that happens I'm just hoping that the US will not become the Hollywood version of "The Road" starred by Viggo Mortenssen.Thanks to you.

4. Mr. Happy profile image81
    Mr. Happyposted 7 years ago

The time will be ripe when people are too sick of the status-quo and they will go on the street and stay there ... soon.

5. Porshadoxus profile image77
    Porshadoxusposted 7 years ago

I can foresee a revolution in several areas.
    Borders/Immigration: How long will it be before the US citizens of Texas, Arizona, New Mexico, California, etc. have had enough, take up position on the border, and shoot to kill? Can't happen soon enough.

Government Control/Spying: Leave me alone. As long as I'm not breaking the law, you don't need to know every little thing I'm doing. And now Boston has made soda illegal in schools and some other areas. Are you kidding me? Educate, don't dictate. Teach me what's wrong with the soda and let me make my own decision.

Government enforced religion (which they call evolution): It's been taught in American public schools for decades, without a shred of real verifiable evidence. The people of America are already figuring out what you're up to, Mr. Government. Won't be long now...

Closed to reply

working