jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What would be the reaction if a Christmas Tree or nativity scene was proposed at

1. Ravaged Nation profile image60
    Ravaged Nationposted 7 years ago

What would be the reaction if a Christmas Tree or nativity scene was proposed at Ground Zero

And would President Obama support it and would Keith Olbermann say if the nativity scene was not allowed then Christians were not being allowed their religious freedom?

2. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

i believe it would upset some people but be much more accepted then a mosque. since it was muslims that commited the attrocity of ground zero, placing anything that related to that religion would be wrong. for myself, there should be no religious articles there but that's just me.

3. rachellrobinson profile image80
    rachellrobinsonposted 7 years ago

I think the answer you are looking for is there would be outrage throughout the liberal community. People would be screaming that it violates the first amendment rights of everyone in this country and they would immediately call for the removal of such hideous items... unless of course we simply removed the nativity scene and then called the other item a "Holiday" tree. But that is what Liberal's consider fair when it comes to religion.

4. colonial82 profile image60
    colonial82posted 7 years ago

It depends, is it on private property or public property?  If it is on private, then they can do whatever they want. If it is public, then no they can not unless it has all religions that want to put something up.

And your question has NOTHING to do with religious freedom, it is all about separation of church and state, which the Supreme Court has already answered this over and over.  If they have private property, then they can put up whatever they want, that is how it works.

Why are you trying to go after our President?

Rachellrobinson, I am not a liberal and this isn't just a liberal issue. This has been an issue that has gone to the Supreme Court and it is clear already.  The issue is private vs public property.  I could care less either way, but the law is clear on this subject so this isn't just liberals complaining on this.

5. Ravaged Nation profile image60
    Ravaged Nationposted 7 years ago

Trying to point out the President's hypocrisy Colonial82. Yes the mosque would be on private property. Did you know that a Greek orthodox church was destroyed on 9-11? That same church petitioned to rebuild and was denied. Don't the Greeks have the same right to freedom of religion? My point is that most people are against the mosque. It's not about freedom of religion. It's about what's right.
    http://www.greekboston.com/wordpress/20 … ound-zero/

6. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 7 years ago

Probably nothing, all the Jews and Muslims I have ever worked with all join in Christmas celebrations, it's only the extremists that have the problems.  It has to be remembered that, as a prophet, Jesus plays an important part in Islam.