Do you think people on Welfare who are able should work for the State and its sy

1. Sinbadsailorman profile image76
    Sinbadsailormanposted 7 years ago

Do you think people on Welfare who are able should work for the State and its systems?

Should welfare Participants be trained to work for the Government that provides for them? Should we bring back the chain gangs to maintain hi-ways and by-ways? Should we have State run Farms to provide for the Hungry?

2. wingedcentaur profile image82
    wingedcentaurposted 7 years ago

Sinbadsailorman, I know you don't mean that about chain gangs! But the state-run farms sounds like an interesting idea, and this is a setting where poor people can potentially get more NUTRITIOUS  food instead of the junk they are usually relegated to for various reasons -- agribusiness has to dump its surplus somehow, right?

I think we should move to a society of real full employment -- not what passes for full employment at the Federal Reserve (you know, the body that raises interests rates so businesses can't afford to borrow money to expand their operations, and thus causes working people to be thrown out of work, which is a tactic to control inflation?). If private enterprise isn't hiring, the federal, state, and local government should always be hiring.

3. profile image0
    archbishop1posted 7 years ago

The good book says, "don't work, don't eat." Who am I to argue with God?

working