jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What do you see happening to the future of farming in the USA?

1. Wayne Brown profile image83
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

What do you see happening to the future of farming in the USA?

2. Right On Time profile image61
    Right On Timeposted 7 years ago

It'll move offshore to China like everything else - I think America will kill it's beautiful soil with toxins. Ah America.

3. Whidbeywriter profile image89
    Whidbeywriterposted 7 years ago

I believe we need to keep reseaching ways to improve our soils and improve this industry which is such a vital part of our very existence.  We need to protect and help the farmers so that they can keep farming and we do not have to be dependent on other countries, like we are with oil..  Farming doesn't have the popularity it once had but is so very important to us all.  I also believe that the government should not subsidize farmers to not grow foods but pay them to grow food for the less fortunate instead....so the food stamp lines could be shorter if you will.....cheers Wayne.

4. someonewhoknows profile image75
    someonewhoknowsposted 7 years ago

The writing is on the wall for all to see if the mega farms have anything to say about it,and they have by getting congress to pass a bill to make it harder for the small farmer to make a living.

5. ChuckHuckaby profile image41
    ChuckHuckabyposted 7 years ago

In the US today, corporations are jockeying for monopoly control of everything.

But family farms are popping up for farmers who live near urban centers and can direct market their products directly to the end user. Around where I live that's the Amish and a few others who have "pick your own" operations.

That way farmers don't just "scrape by" on the what the wholesaler will pay them. They keep the mark ups and sell near "retail" to their customer base.

I hope more and more are able to go that route!

working