jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

Do you really think billionaires from every country should come together and hel

1. maheshpatwal profile image72
    maheshpatwalposted 7 years ago

Do you really think billionaires from every country should come together and help the poor...

nations? They should also follow the footsteps of Microsoft founder Mr Gates and Infosys founder Mr Premzi by working for the betterment of the society and humanity? Whats your take on this?

2. DonDWest profile image60
    DonDWestposted 7 years ago

Experience shows that the more these people try to "help" the poor, the worse off the poor become. . .

3. paragon076 profile image56
    paragon076posted 7 years ago

these billionaires shout come together to overthrow the governments of these "poor" countries ans set the right people (less corrupt) in place, think that would solve more then helping them out financially

4. Sweetsusieg profile image84
    Sweetsusiegposted 7 years ago

I think it's great that they are doing what they are doing to help others.  What's the point of having a gazillion $$$ if you can't help others. 

You have to stop and look at those who are very poor yet donate as much of themselves as they can, even doing without, to ensure that others have something.

If they want to help that is great, if they don't that is great too...  It's their money, it was their talents/brains/know how that got them their money, they have that freedom to decide what to do with it.

If I was one of them, I certainly would be doing something for the betterment of society with my wealth as well.  Mine would go into other areas.  Soups kitchens, food banks, animal shelters, women's shelters, abuse centers, etc.

5. maheshpatwal profile image72
    maheshpatwalposted 7 years ago

Thank you very much for yr comments friends. i also agree with sweet that its their hard earned money and whatever they want to do with it they can do it. However whats the harm in spending the monies by all these billionaires for good causes and for the betterment of the society. I personally really liked the efforts taken by Mr Gates of USA and Mr Premzi of India in helping the needy people by doing various types of social works.

6. Wayne Brown profile image84
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

To some degree we see some of that now with the committments made by Bill Gates and Warren Buffett who have inspired others to leave large portions of their estates for the social welfare in the world. While all that sounds noble, I have had enough experience with other parts of the world to say that it is not that easy. When you mix greed into the equation, the assets quickly disappear before they reach the poor.  Local officials take what they want upfront as a pre-requirement of your organization receiving access to their poor...it's part of the bribery that is commonplace. People wonder where the money that was raised for Haiti went after the devastation there but you will notice that it has not surfaced and we had two former Presidents involved in raising it. One thing you can count on...the world will never let poverty be abolished...never. WB

7. home witch profile image82
    home witchposted 7 years ago

No. I think a lot of the poor nations are poor because of corruption and bad management. Pumping money into them will not benefit its people, not really. It will only go to line the pockets of the ruling elite of those nations.

8. profile image0
    Butch Newsposted 7 years ago

The problems of the world are bigger than the billionaires can fix but it would help if some were a bit less greedy in the accumulation of their wealth.  I won't wait up.

9. nifty@50 profile image75
    nifty@50posted 7 years ago

Bill Gates & the Drug companies have something in common. They charge way too much for their product and then compensate for this inequity by giving to the poor! What happened to the saying "charity starts at home"?! I think charity is great, but how about spreading a little of the "Love" to us middle class stiffs as well!

10. royalbert profile image55
    royalbertposted 7 years ago

I will agree with you but instead of giving it in the hand of corrupt governments of poor nations which will put that money in their pockets, we can use it to build schools or hospitals in needy places. This will be a great service to humanity.

11. ExpandYourMind profile image74
    ExpandYourMindposted 7 years ago

Yes, if the money can be allocated to address major areas of needs including education and industry/job creation.  Give a man a fish and he eats for a day -- teach him to fish and he eats for life.  I know it's not that simple, but the concept is the same.

12. GNelson profile image77
    GNelsonposted 7 years ago

We have millions of children in the USA that go to bed hungry every day.  WE are still the richest country in the world.  What does that tell you?

working