The US Navy will temporarily relieve Capt. Owen Honors. Agree or not?

1. ptosis profile image72
    ptosisposted 7 years ago

The US Navy will temporarily relieve Capt. Owen Honors. Agree or not?

Capt. Owen Honors  said to have produced video of gay bashing when he was second in command of the aircraft carrier USS Enterprise,

2. profile image0
    Butch Newsposted 7 years ago

It's pretty outrageous what he did.  So, I think, a strong message is needed and he should be relieved of command but not his rank.

If he didn't have the good sense to realize what he was doing was wrong he isn't fit to command.

I should mention I was a naval officer and gay but not out.  I served aboard a destroyer, navigated a repair ship and served aboard 3 submarines as well.

3. Wayne Brown profile image82
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

Certainly he must be at least temporarily relieved of his command until all of this is sorted is an issue of the morale of his men, and the duty of the vessel he is in command of. We cannot have the commaner of an aircraft carrier operating unders such distraction.  If he is found to be honest of the situation, then by all means he should be returned to his duty station with no repercussions. Otherwise, if he is guilty, his judgement as a senior military office comes under very serious scrutiny which in all likelihood says that he is not fit for the judgments of command of such an important military weapon. WB

Closed to reply