jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Hi Cari- first let me say the article is great I am proud mom of a daughter who

1. profile image46
    luvmygirlposted 7 years ago

Hi Cari- first let me say the article is great I am proud mom of a daughter who has Down Syndrome

, I would like to say tho that the mom of this child has just seen her daughters photo used- with all the bad things going on with people taking photos of kids/persons with DS should you not of contacted her (the mom) before using her daughters photo? she is quite concerned right now that her photo gets used often and she has no knowledge of it. I am not trying to be "mean" to you- I am just asking.

2. profile image0
    frantiicposted 7 years ago

Hi @luvmygirl.

While I am not affiliated with Cari or HubPages, there are proper channels to go through about having the images removed that do not have the proper rights for use in Hubs.

There are also reverse image search engines where you can find other websites that use the image.

The only problem with such websites is that their indexes aren't that large, and, as a result, not all websites that may have used the photo will be in the results. But it's a start, I suppose.

I want to say that I apologize to both you and the mother, as I know it's not fun having things out of your control. Of course, any Hubber should request the rights to use any image in their Hubs. I sincerely hope that things get resolved soon.

All and only the best.

3. Cari Jean profile image96
    Cari Jeanposted 7 years ago

I am so sorry about this. I will remove the photo asap. I should have asked the mother first before posting the photo - again my sincerest apologies to all those involved.

4. profile image46
    luvmygirlposted 7 years ago

Thank you for the great respose and understanding. I have let the mom of your response smile Its just comes areal shock when you see your childs phot pop up somewhere. Thank you again. All the best.

5. profile image47
    bethanybposted 7 years ago

Hi guys ... I was a bit surprised at first to see her picture on the article, but it's all good. As long as it isn't being used in a negative way, it is fine with me. I'm glad you picked such a cute little face to show worth of life! smile

Bethany, Payton's momma