jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you always seek external validation before you consider yourself good enough?

1. Jangaplanet profile image81
    Jangaplanetposted 6 years ago

Do you always seek external validation before you consider yourself good enough?

2. safiq ali patel profile image75
    safiq ali patelposted 6 years ago

Validation and esteem must come from and be generated from within. Unless validation comes from within then the person will spend their life looking to others for validation and if they don't get it they will feel non too well. So it is my personal opinion that liking, accepting and cherishing ones-self is the better way of developing. Otherwise you are going to be forever in need of other peoples validation for you to feel good about yourself. It has to be self validation, self discovery, to get to self esteem and self acceptance.

3. profile image0
    The Weathermanposted 6 years ago

I believe that "validation" by it's very nature requires the external?  How else would it be "valid"?  It's like only you claiming that you are the greatest singer in the world.  Invalid.

4. karengibsonroc profile image80
    karengibsonrocposted 6 years ago

no...it's all about the feeling of something...if i feel great doing or having created something...then i know in my heart i am good enough:)

5. Mark Upshaw profile image61
    Mark Upshawposted 6 years ago

Those who seek external validation to feel "good enough" about themselves feel good until their next thought about when they did not receive validation.  So that does not last long.

However, when working on something that must be share within others, external validation is necessary and all important.

working