jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What are your view on today's Generation ? (Youth)

1. noorie-ali profile image61
    noorie-aliposted 7 years ago

What are your view on today's Generation ? (Youth)

what are your view on today's Generation & how much do you feel society has changed in the last decade or so ? :\

2. OpenConnect profile image58
    OpenConnectposted 7 years ago

I think the younger generation is smarter than any generation we've ever seen.  They have access to any information that they want to obtain which will lead to them learning about what interests them instead of what's being forced upon them to learn.

People say their communication skills are awful because of things like text messaging and social networking but I think their communication skills are superb because of these exact things.  It forces them to be responsive, prompt, and responsible.

Every old generation dogs on the younger generations.  The young generation of today will be doing it to the young generation of tomorrow just like we are doing it to them.

3. noorie-ali profile image61
    noorie-aliposted 7 years ago

your right there very true i'm young myself (22) at the moment was just curious smile thanks for the answer

4. kallini2010 profile image82
    kallini2010posted 7 years ago

I don't believe that any generation is smarter than the other one.  It is the same phenomenon, youth is dead sure that it knows better.  Give it twenty years from now.

Having access to information and using that information are two entirely different things.  Easy come, easy go.

Being forty, I can compare at least two generations (I only consider the number of years I lived myself).  I don't find young people stupid, they are simply twenty years behind.

We always think that we understand, but we don't.  There is no substitute for experience.  I can tell you all about childbirth and raising a child, you can do your research (right at your fingertips), but unless you go through it YOURSELF, you still don't know what it is like.

I was lectured once by someone who does not have children how to potty-train my son.  You know what?  I did not argue.  I know better than arguing with ignorance.

It is a mistake to think that younger is better, older is worse.  We all have to be on a life journey, but at the different stages of it.

My parents (28 years older than me) told me that I would never be able to understand them because it was impossible to close the age gap.  I disagreed.

Sounds familiar?