Why was Mount Rushmore not included in the List of the Wonders of the World?

1. saanj H profile image76
    saanj Hposted 7 years ago

Why was Mount Rushmore not included in the List of the Wonders of the World?

2. mikielikie profile image67
    mikielikieposted 7 years ago

Maybe because eveybody knows how it was made? Just a guess. I say just a guess because I'm not sure what the others are.

3. profile image0
    Kbraggposted 7 years ago

I assume you are referring to the Modern Wonders of the World? It wouldn't be on the list of the original wonders because they were called wonders thousands of years before the United States existed. These wonders were the Great Pyramids of Giza (the only one of the seven that still exist today), the Colossus of Rhodes, the Hanging Gardens of Babylon, the Statue of Zeus at Olympia, the Temple of Artemis at Ephesus, the Mausoleum of Maussollos at Halicarnassus, and the Lighthouse of Alexandria.

The New 7 Wonders, according to the New7Wonders Foundation, are the Taj Majal in India, the Great Wall of China, The city of Petra in Jordan, Christ the Redeemer statue, Machu Pichu, Chichen Itza, and the Colosseum. However, there are many other lists compiled by various organizations. 
         You can find this information on Wikipedia. Strangely, Mt. Rushmore is not listed on any of the world wonders lists, and I would guess that the reason it is not is because it is an all American type of monument and because it is nowhere near as old as any of the other ones, except maybe the Christ the Reedemer statue. I do find it strange that most of the "Modern Wonders" are actually very, very old.