jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do you think that playing violent games and violent incidents have anything to d

1. Joan1 profile image57
    Joan1posted 7 years ago

Do you think that playing violent games and violent incidents have anything to do with each other?

2. marwan asmar profile image81
    marwan asmarposted 7 years ago

Yes, I think they do because it might in all probability follow because of the sense of desensitization it entails.

3. profile image81
    SeedyKiwiposted 7 years ago

Personally I think the main link between a person playing violent games and then being violent, is the person. I play heaps of violent games, and I'm 26, I have never been in a fight, nor struck anyone in anger..

I think Violent people will be violent whether they play violent games or not. I think people who become violent because of playing violent games have more psychological issues than you can blame on the influence of violence in games.

4. Chouji-Von-Lycan profile image57
    Chouji-Von-Lycanposted 7 years ago

i personaly think it does in some small way, as people act in a way they feel appropriate through their experiences, if all you ever experience is anger and violence, then that is the only way you know how to respond to anything

5. Neon_Letters profile image61
    Neon_Lettersposted 7 years ago

Not from my perspective, i´ve always watched violent shows and played violent games and never done something violent.

6. marketingskeptic profile image71
    marketingskepticposted 7 years ago

Nope. Correlation does not equal causation.
    Video games do not make people violent, they just provide an outlet for violent people. After all, there's no proof that one causes the other...

7. nikki_m profile image83
    nikki_mposted 6 years ago

I think that there may be a link between violent video games and violent incidents, especially with younger children. Kids will often imitate what they see. On the other hand, I think that if a child is taught that the violence is not real, is not healthy, and is not an acceptable way to solve problems, then there will be less tendency for violence.

I have always been a fan of action movies and video games, but my parents taught me that the action and the violence was just something that the movies had, and not something that happened every day. I never had any problems with anger or violence, nor has my sister who sat through every punch, explosion, and fatality right with me.

working