jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Is the economy safe enough for the world to start another war?

1. Jangaplanet profile image77
    Jangaplanetposted 7 years ago

Is the economy safe enough for the world to start another war?

2. RonPare profile image69
    RonPareposted 7 years ago

Depends if you sell weapons or not... doesn't it.

3. HattieMattieMae profile image61
    HattieMattieMaeposted 7 years ago

I don't believe it is.  If they did start a war, hmm...... that would be bad and put a lot of countries in jeopardy! We discussed this in my one class and fortunately if America goes down financially so will the rest of the world, and so hopefully America will get some common sense going soon!

4. MakeEasyCash profile image75
    MakeEasyCashposted 7 years ago

This is some what of an awkward question just because sometimes when instability is occurring within an economy a war may stabilize it in one sense and has for one of the largest wars in the world. I do not condone war but WWII pulled us directly out of the great depression, created thousands of jobs just from the automotive industry and the transfer from producing cars to producing tanks and military equipment. This caused so much stimulation that it literally pulled us out of the economic depression we were in at the time. As one can see being over seas can be detrimental to us but if war must happen execute it the correct way.

5. Rochelle Frank profile image95
    Rochelle Frankposted 7 years ago

No, I think it should be illegal to start wars unless everyone is prosperous, well-fed, healthy, and happy.  Of course, in that case, no one would be willing to fight. smile

6. ThatFatGuy profile image82
    ThatFatGuyposted 7 years ago

Actually, going in to war helps the economy because it put everyone to work. Everything becomes necessary when supporting several million men in a different country. It's what got us out of the Great Depression. So going to war isn't an issue that negatively affect any nations economy. Besides, it never stopped anyone from going to war, think about Iraq.

7. DonDWest profile image60
    DonDWestposted 7 years ago

No economy is ever safe when war comes about. War is bad for business, unless you're an arms dealer.

8. DannyMaio profile image60
    DannyMaioposted 7 years ago

make easy cash said it all. hope that helps you. good luck

9. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 7 years ago

Doesn't the global economy, in general, improve during time of war?  I don't know.  I hope this current skirmish is brief.

working