jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Would you be just as successful if you were raised/or living in an undeveloped n

1. pearlmacb profile image73
    pearlmacbposted 6 years ago

Would you be just as successful if you were raised/or living in an undeveloped nation?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/5027519_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    Poetic Foolposted 6 years ago

I would think not.  Chances are I would not have benefited from all the health, educational and employment opportunities available in my country.  That is not even talking about the reduced chances of even making it to adulthood for a variety of reasons.

3. profile image0
    Valoric Fireposted 6 years ago

Depends on how you define successful.  In the traditional sense, reflecting economic survivability - No on the surface.  However, you definitely learn survival tactics, discipline and perseverance.  These are traits that can lead to extreme ambition and enormous amounts of drive to succeed in numerous fields from having a unique perspective to some angle on business.  I think there are numerous rags to riches stories throughout history to support this notion.  There is also a flip side and yes, many will ultimately fail....like those proverbial lights on Broadway....for every one/success story...there is hundreds of broken hearts/dreams reflecting abject failure.

4. Wayne Brown profile image85
    Wayne Brownposted 6 years ago

That would be difficult to say as I truly believe that certain happenings in our lives change us, our attitudes, and the outcome of our lives. For me, it was a long stint in the military after college graduation.  Certainly earning a college degree played into changing my life somewhat but nothing to the extent that flying with the Air Force and gaining exposure to so many different people types and areas of the world. That experience totally changed my perspectus about not only myself but what I could do and where I could go in the world.  Had that event not been a part of my life experience, I feel certain that my life would have been less rewarding and maybe somewhat less successful. WB

5. mingsjourney profile image51
    mingsjourneyposted 6 years ago

My answer is no. I can barely survive in this highly developed nation.

working