jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you agree with this picture?

1. Miss Info profile image83
    Miss Infoposted 6 years ago

Do you agree with this picture?

There is a growing concern for US citizens who have lost their focus or direction. Whether it's their irrational expectations for government, their lack of social concern or their agreement within only party lines, more and more individuals seem to be unclear of what they stand for.

2. Doc Snow profile image96
    Doc Snowposted 6 years ago

"Agree with the picture?"

Well, I think it has enough truth in it to be funny.  There's no shortage of folks who seem to have abandoned critical thinking skills, at least when it comes to their own pet theories.  (Heck, I've been accused of it myself--erroneously, as I like to think.)

I don't know that the problem is that they are unclear of what they stand for, necessarily.  The guy in the picture seems clear about what (or rather, who) he stands *against* at least.

But perhaps what he ultimately stands *for* is nonsense.  Since surely that's not what he *thinks* he stands for, you may well be right, Miss Info.

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

Because we are living "this" history, it seems to be unique. But, look back at history--way back, things have always been in this much of an upheaval.  It is the nature of politics unfortunately.

4. someonewhoknows profile image75
    someonewhoknowsposted 6 years ago

Since,business and government seem to be inextricalbly linked ,why not let the people or rather the majority decide wheather Private enterprise has gone too far when it comes to influencing the peoples representitives?
    Private enterprise may say no,the people shouldn't have the right to decide what Private business can or cannot do.
    Wait a second,don't the big corporations decide what legislation is to their benefit and to their competitors disavantage mostly small businesses that can't afford to pay fines of thousands of dollars that big corporation can do on a regular basis if,they had to?

5. profile image0
    Bri Geeposted 6 years ago

LOL I don't think he's a muslim, thats beside the point.  I"m not even sure if he thinks he's the president.