jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What is the point of Greenpeace?

1. AngelTrader profile image61
    AngelTraderposted 6 years ago

What is the point of Greenpeace?

What have they ever achieved? Whaling still goes on, fur seals are culled, forests destroyed!

2. literal profile image43
    literalposted 6 years ago

That's a hugh question.  Broadly, they work at preserving the environment.

3. nightwork4 profile image59
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

if it wasn't for greenpeace , whaling wouldn't still be happening because there would be no whales left. though i find them to be a bit of a pain at times, i give them a lot of credit for making us aware of what is happening to our planet and the creatures that live on it.

4. DRG Da Real Grinc profile image77
    DRG Da Real Grincposted 6 years ago

To inspire people to help out with our environmental needs. To promote the whole going green perception and bring awareness to the world of our doings that affect us all.

5. someonewhoknows profile image73
    someonewhoknowsposted 6 years ago

I heard there is something called a land bank that gets people to donate money to buy up land so it cannot be used for private enterprise.The problem with it is ,that land is then given to the United Nations and most people who donate their money or land don't know that.They think it's still American owned.Like the land former president Clinton gave to the U.N.

6. akuigla profile image60
    akuiglaposted 6 years ago

Not all living creatures should be treated as meal on the plate.
    They fight and they know they will never win!
    But, they will never give up!
    The same as women will lose their beauty with time.But  women will never stop trying to look beautiful!

7. Wayne Brown profile image82
    Wayne Brownposted 6 years ago

Start following the money and you will probably find the true answer.  Far too many of these organizations that dresss themselves in the guise of environment, etc. have a monetary focus at the heart.  Someone at the core of the organization is making a damn fine living...better than they could make in any other pursuit. Following the money usually supplies the answers. WB