jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

We should name a third party! We have Republican, and Democrat. I say name it

1. chaz cecil profile image61
    chaz cecilposted 6 years ago

We should name a third party!  We have Republican, and Democrat. I say  name it the  UNITY party.

We actually need just that.a party that can come together in unity and get things accomplished and forget about grudges and hidden agendas.  Our politicians are getting away from what our forefathers meant for them to be.  They are no longer representing us.  They are doing what they want to to to get things accomplished for themselves and other finacially supporting parties.

2. Jon Hunt profile image60
    Jon Huntposted 6 years ago

There is a third party, it's called the independent party! In fact, there's a whole bunch of parties and if you can get some politicians or just lobby I'm sure you can create your own political party!

3. chaz cecil profile image61
    chaz cecilposted 6 years ago

Yes, I know there is the independant party, but I see that party as a party  that most people use when they don't like or won't admit to liking the candidates running for office.  It's actually been like a copout party to me.  There are too many variables in the independant candidates political views ussually also.  It seems as though they pick the worst of the other 2 parties and run thier ballots on those issues....and this still leaves the people out of it in the long run,  Thats why they never win, they aren't running on thier own(or the peoples) issues!  As impossible as it may seem, we need a uified party who is business minded with experience in real life issues, and non corrupt in the political arena on issues.  Actually, I wrote in a hub about it, but we need someone who has had to draw unemployment, and worked for minimumwage, and tried to support a family while doing so.  THAT CANDIDATE WOULD DEFINETELY HAVE DIFFERENT VIEWS AND ANSWERS IN A DEBATE,

4. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 6 years ago

We have to know what the hidden agendas are first: The Democratic Party hidden agenda is to hold onto power at all costs and to only support the will of campaign contributors. The Republican agenda is to crush the middle class and poor at all costs, help the rich and the corporate contributors through military hegemony; and to do this regardless of who else contributes to their campaigns. That said, I want a party that wants to stay out of wars, reduce national security (which is killing our country), and decrease taxes.