jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you think Obama will be re-elected?

1. brooklyn00123 profile image61
    brooklyn00123posted 6 years ago

Do you think Obama will be re-elected?

2. My Esoteric profile image92
    My Esotericposted 6 years ago

Yes, unless John Huntsman is the Republican candidate.  He is the only one that will come across as realistic and pragmatic to Americans in general although I suspect he comes across as a liberal to those voting in the Republican, er.. excuse me, the Conservative primaries.

Huntsman is close enough to being the Colin Powell-type of Republican I am, or use to be, that I will take a serious look at him, if he gets that far and can shed some of the conservative rhetoric he is required to say at the moment.  As for the rest, I listen to them for their enterainment value and fodder for hubs; I just refuew to believe America would be that gullible, expecially after watching them in action for two years, to commit suicide a fourth time; history can't repeat itself that many times, can it?

3. Attikos profile image79
    Attikosposted 6 years ago

Were the election to be held today, and were Daffy Duck the opposing candidate, the duck would win. The majority of the voters have taken an "anybody but this turkey" attitude toward him. No one knows what the scene will be in November next year, but so far Obama's unpopularity is rock solid. He hasn't been able to pry himself out of the dirt with Archimedes' lever.

There are only three strategies for an election: run on your record, run on promises, or smear your opponent to badly you make yourself look like the lesser of two evils. If Obama tries to run on his widely detested record the electorate will boot him into the street. If he tries to run on promises he'll hit the brick wall of his own credibility because no one believes anything he says anymore. That leaves the third option, so fasten your belts. It's going to be the nastiest, most negative race we've ever seen.

4. jdavis88 profile image94
    jdavis88posted 6 years ago

If Americans choose not to listen to his message of Hype and Complain... no.  An idiot could beat him at the moment.  Which, if Huntsman were the Republican nominee and won the election, is what would happen.

working