jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you believe CBS should have broadcasted Kadaffi's bullet ridden body on Natl.

1. poeticmentor profile image76
    poeticmentorposted 6 years ago

Do you believe CBS should have broadcasted Kadaffi's bullet ridden body on Natl. television?

I was very both confused and disturbed to see a breaking story during the middle of the day that Libyan leader Kaddafi was dead. If that wasn't enough CBS news had the audacity to show the beaten, bruised and bullet ridden body of this downed leader. I feel if we have to celebrate like savages we are no better than the ones we call enemies. What are your feelings? note:  Osama Bin Laden's body was never showcased and displayed to the public, in fact we never saw him and that should have been the case with Kadaffi.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/5656523_f260.jpg

2. GoGreenTips profile image61
    GoGreenTipsposted 6 years ago

Although I think CBS was going for ratings and sensationalism and the public eats that sort of stuff up. I wonder if they had a ratings boost? As far as myself wanting to see Khadafi's bullet ridden body, I don;t really want to see it. Because the news really is more entertainment and because of the poor quality of programming I cut off cable years ago.

But the news should be allowed to broadcast the picture, freedom of press.

3. poeticmentor profile image76
    poeticmentorposted 6 years ago

I understand. I was forced to look at it while sitting in the hospital waiting room.  I believe this is the reason our children are so desensitized to violence. These images they see on tv and media sources. CBS was wrong.  and it was not a picture it was a video. (very ammetuer)  Please check BBC world news. CBS is morally foul and it has nothing to do with freedom of press, they have a responsibility to the public first.

4. Zubair Ahmed profile image77
    Zubair Ahmedposted 6 years ago

I think it was good it would show the remaining western puppets ruling the middle east what's in store for them.  Those idiots subjugate their own people just to be buddies with their western masters.  The moment they fall out of grace with their masters they are slaughtered - like sadam, gaddafi  ad many more in the past.

5. Uninvited Writer profile image85
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

Every single news network I have seen has shown the same footage. I choose to turn away when they show it.

working