jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

To bribe or not to bribe?

1. Jesus was a hippy profile image60
    Jesus was a hippyposted 6 years ago

To bribe or not to bribe?

I am trying to get a contract and I have been told that the person who decides who gets the contract is looking to make some money for themself.

The question is, how do I offer a bribe so subtley that they will get it if they are looking for one and they wont notice if they are not?

2. Grams Study profile image61
    Grams Studyposted 6 years ago

I have found in my experience it is best to do what ever you do honestly even if it costs you a little.  You may get something through deceit or dishonesty but it usually is like the old saying "what goes around comes around" and it is best to go through the proper channels even if you end up changing your original attempts in order to survive.  This is my opinion.  I think you asked me for it.  We each have to do what we can live with both physically and spiritually and I could not in good conscience live with a bribe myself.  Good luck to you.   the churchlady

3. ptosis profile image76
    ptosisposted 6 years ago

I wouldn't know how  - but I did witness how easy it is done. I guess it's a talent learned like learning how to bargain at a flea market.

Practice the folded money handshake?

4. WD Curry 111 profile image61
    WD Curry 111posted 6 years ago

If your morals don't stop you, criminal wisdom might. If you hear something like that, there is a fat chance that it it a set up.

So, you will need to be very subtle . . . go to the COPs. Maybe you'll get a reward and the contract. Maybe they set up the sting. At least they can't bust you.

5. Attikos profile image80
    Attikosposted 6 years ago

Walk away and find a different market. If the buyer would sell out his employer to you, he'd sell you out to a higher bidder.

6. Hezmyjoy profile image59
    Hezmyjoyposted 6 years ago

How about being honest which is the best policy anyway...or is that view too archaic to even consider?

7. Jesus was a hippy profile image60
    Jesus was a hippyposted 6 years ago

The way I see it, is business is business. It is dog eat dog. Doing what is considered the right thing to do does not necessarily pay the bills and I'm out to earn money when I am working.