What you think of when you hear the term, "transient middle-class"?

1. learnlovelive profile image59
    learnloveliveposted 6 years ago

What you think of when you hear the term, "transient middle-class"?

What does the middle-class really mean to you, is it defined and stationary or on a sliding scale. Please be original with your content and don't simply seek to agree or disagree. Expound!

2. Lions Den Media profile image60
    Lions Den Mediaposted 6 years ago

The transient middle class is a segment of the middle class that freely moves around the United States due to a variety of issues such as: jobs, marriage, divorce, economic opportunities, excitement, change etc. This unique group represents the fearless segment of the American population. They are the modern version of the explorer who sought opportunity by "moving west". This portion of the middle class are tough, individualistic Americans that do not remain stationary because they will actively seek out opportunity as opposed to permitting economic or other circumstances to dictate their fate. I find these people to be the backbone of the United States, becaues they represent rugged individualism.

Great question.

3. Clive Donegal profile image76
    Clive Donegalposted 5 years ago

I was born into a family of modest means, yet through education and hard work I became upper middle class. Now I have slipped back into hardscrabble existence. So, I was a transient, just passing through middle class status.

working